Question

final bill

• 15 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I cancelled my IDMOBILE sim after about 18 hours without even making a single call or sending a text, I had not even ported my number yet as after being dumped at 6pm I was contacted and subsequently ignored the next day for about another 5 hours whilst still setting up!!!

I had a email 3 days before the sim even arrived saying my account was active???

how is that even legal???

why have I been billed £2.47 for a service I never used???

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Alas, it seems iD Mobile have found a loophole, @Mark Picton. 

By dispatching an activated SIM card, iD terms state you’re charged for your network connection from the date your order is dispatched - irrespective of whether or not the SIM is used in a handset.

Unless you cancel your order before it’s been dispatched, there’ll be a portion of line rental to pay for the network connection - from the date of dispatch, to the date of disconnection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mark Picton 

It sounds like your SIM card was dispatched before it was cancelled, therefore you are being charged for the time it was live, however if you haven’t used it, we can take a look.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?