Solved

Found my lost iPhone but iD wont remove blacklist

• 27 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Hey!

I lost my iPhone 11 last summer, I reported it to iD mobile and they sent me replacement SIM card. The phone itself is my own purchased outright from Apple (I have proof of purchase with all the relevant serials etc).

The phone was returned to me a few months later after being found. When I put my SIM card in I get no coverage, I ran an IMEI check to discover the phone is reported Lost/Stolen, which makes sense.

I’ve since spoke to iD on live chat and they’re saying that they did not alter anything with the IMEI as the phone is my own and not part of my contract.

I’m bit confused as to how else my phone could’ve been blacklisted other than via a carrier.

I’ve not found much online about help from Apple with this, but going to pop to the Apple store this weekend.

Can anyone offer any other help or advice? I don’t know how else the IMEI could’ve been blocked, unless mistakenly by iD.

Cheers!

Jayson

icon

Best answer by Kash 29 January 2023, 17:28

View original

7 replies

I spoke to Apple and they’ve given me a case number. Apple confirmed that only iD mobile could have IMEI blacklist my phone.

I spoke to iD support again yesterday and they agreed to unblacklist the handset, saying it will take an hour. However it’s 24 hours later and it’s still blacklisted. 

Is there a way to escalate this? Im sitting with a blacklisted phone and nowhere to turn.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jaysonturner,

Welcome to the Community!

It can usually take longer than 24 hours for an unblacklisting to be processed.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jaysonturner,

Welcome to the Community!

It can usually take longer than 24 hours for an unblacklisting to be processed.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi Kash,

Yea I did wait 24 hours between attempts as I suspected that might be the case. It’s been 48 hours now so I think there’s something not right. I’ve replied to your private message :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@jaysonturner,

We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Kash

I have a similar problem - three times I have asked for my phone to be unblocked after it was returned to me. It is still blocked.
See here
ID have not unblocked my lost and found phone | Join the discussion, ask questions, share advice. (idmobile.co.uk)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @sidkn33,

I’ve just replied to your other post and sent you a PM to discuss further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?