Question

Having trouble porting my old number

Userlevel 1

Recently I switched to ID from three. When I received my new device I was also given a sim, that I tried to port my old phone number to using the id mobile website, using my PAC code. When I did so, my old sim stopped working, but the number hadn't transferred over to the new sim. The number was supposed to transfer on the 8th of March, but nothing had happened. In fact, it seemed like my phone could not even detect the new sim at all. Since then, I've used the live chat to get a replacement sim sent out, and I've received it. However, now I'm having trouble activating the new sim because when I try to input my old number (which should have been ported over and should now be my ID mobile phone number), it says that it doesn't match ID mobiles records. Please help

12 replies

Userlevel 1

Additionally, when on the website, it eventually asked me to verify my identity by either sending a security code to my email or my phone number. But, I can't receive any texts or calls to my phone number because my old sim has been disconnected and the sim that I tried to transfer the number to doesn't work. Also, whenever I request the security code to my email, I just don't receive anything. I've tried several times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Yazeed.o5,

Welcome to the Community!

We are aware of an issue with customers unable to register to the app.

Please can you try again and let us know how you get on.

It sounds like the number has been ported but the SIM has become faulty.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I've tried to make an account on the app.

It asks me to add my ID mobile number, which I put in, but then it sends a security code to that number. The problem is that's the number that's been disconnected from my old sim and transferred to the new faulty sim, so I never recieve the text, and I can't sign up to the app 

Userlevel 1

At this rate I feel like I'm going to lose my number altogether because I can't log into the website or the app to try to recover it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Yazeed.o5 

There have been some issues with the verification text sending and the app in general.

With the new SIM, how is general service? Calls, texts, data etc

Tom

Userlevel 1

The SIM that I transferred my number to initially doesn't work at all. No mobile data and I'm unable to make or receive texts or calls. The replacement SIM that I ordered is unactivated so I cannot do anything with it yet.

Userlevel 1

I think I'm just going to cancel the contract 

Userlevel 1

I am having a simualr issue too! I moved from EE to ID. New ID sim received on 2nd April. PAC transferred my old number to my new sim on 3rd April. Now I cannot register my phone due to the account only accepting the number provided in the pack from ID and not the number transferred by PAC. Plus not fully transferred over by PAC. Cannot receive calls or texts from people on EE (my old network) but can from other networks. So my hubby and brother on EE cannot phone or text but my daughter amd mom can call from tesco and giffgaff! Very frustrating!!

Userlevel 1

I'm trying to log into the app but it keeps trying to send a verification text to the number that I tried to transfer. The number that doesn't work 

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Yazeed.o5, we’re sorry to hear that the issue continued with the new SIM card. Can you please confirm if the issue is still persisting now, or if the SIM card is working?

In terms of logging in, for registered customers, you should be able to login now on the app and website. Additionally, unregistered customers should now be able to register and login via our web-page (not on the app just yet).

Thank you for your continued patience.

Furthermore, thank you for reaching out @JenOfarr84, we’re very sorry to hear that. Can you confirm if the issue is also still persisting for you? Has the number switch been completed yet please?

Kind regards,

Tyler

Userlevel 1

The issue is resolved now. I went to a Currys store and an employee there was able to activate a replacement SIM card so I could keep my number, and I was able to log into the app finally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Yazeed.o5,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?