Solved

help please

• 28 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

So I’ve been on a sim only deal for two months as id finished my contract and wanted to wait for the iPhone 15 to come out. Every time I pressed the upgrade now button it didn’t give me an option of any iPhone to upgrade too. So tonight I’ve started a new contract with Carphone warehouse but it’s still on id mobile. I’d like to keep my number so I got the pac code but that doesn’t work as I’m already on I’d mobile. How do I switch my number to the new SIM card when it arrives? Thankyou 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 29 September 2023, 12:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Susanbc, one way of doing this would be as follows:- 

1. Get a PAC from iD Mobile for the number you want to keep, and give this PAC to another service provider.
  2. Once the number you want to keep has been successfully transferred to the new service provider, ask them for a PAC.
  3. Use the PAC obtained in step 2 with the new iD contract you’re planning to keep.

It’s a bit of faff, all because you can’t transfer a number from one iD contract to another iD contract unfortunately. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I did some searching last night on the topic and saw this suggested. I’ve ordered a cheap giff gaff sim to be able to do this. What a palaver 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks, I did some searching last night on the topic and saw this suggested. I’ve ordered a cheap giff gaff sim to be able to do this. What a palaver 

Yes indeed @Susanbc - I’d recommend making sure the number transfer to giffgaff has completed properly before getting a PAC from giffgaff. Asking giffgaff for a PAC too soon will cause problems.

Userlevel 1

Should I wait a day or so do you think? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d suggest waiting for at least 1-day, after the day the number you want to keep is transferred to giffgaff.

The network operators all advise number transfers don’t happen immediately on the transfer date. Everything should be fine the day after the transfer date. UK mobile number transfers only happen on weekdays, never at weekends.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Susanbc 

Unfortunately number ports from iD Mobile to iD Mobile are not possible, to retain the same number on a new plan would require an upgrade.

Should you have purchased a new plan, you may be able to process a triangle port, suggested above by @andewhite, thanks for the help here.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?