Question

help with APN settings

• 24 August 2023
  • 12 replies

Dear all good afternoon , i need some help. just bought a router for my campervan and going to travel to Europe soon , I had a problem before of not connecting to the internet once abroad and i have been advised by the seller to fill in the APN profile  on my router HUAWEI B535-232 CAT7, can anyone please help in how to create this profile to use it abroad?

those bellow are the information needed from Id mobile 

1- Profile name

2- APN

3-User name

4-Password

Thanks in advance for any information.

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The following might help in this situation @wilkeruk.

From online page https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings.

The router’s user guide should explain how to use the device’s web admin page to change these settings.

Thanks andewhite I have seen this online but on my router needs those information that's is blank , i am not sure what to do.

regards

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Probably a question for Huawei technical support department @wilkeruk

Unfortunately, iD Mobile will only support use of their SIM cards in a mobile phone.

thank you i will do that .

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @wilkeruk ,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking how you got on with this.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Hi Kash i would love some more help since am struggling with it. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @wilkeruk 

Have you tried the iD Mobile SIM card inside a supported device to see if it works there?

Tom

Hi Tom thanks for quoting. I have inserted the sim card and it works absolute fine no problem here in the Uk. Problem am having is when i go abroad Example ( France ). Because its showing 3uk profile i have been advised by the seller i need to change the profile over the Id mobile in order for it to work abroad. As i have motioned on on my post this touter its no like a mobile phone that you would input those settings the information i need its showing blank on ID profile.

Thanks in advance 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Tom thanks for quoting. I have inserted the sim card and it works absolute fine no problem here in the Uk. Problem am having is when i go abroad Example ( France ). Because its showing 3uk profile i have been advised by the seller i need to change the profile over the Id mobile in order for it to work abroad. As i have motioned on on my post this touter its no like a mobile phone that you would input those settings the information i need its showing blank on ID profile.

Thanks in advance 

Hey @wilkeruk, is your Huawei mobile broadband router network locked to the Three UK network? 

You should be able to edit the router settings, using a web browser and the router web admin page. 
Perhaps best to ask Huawei how to enter ‘blank’ input for the username and password data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @wilkeruk 

Okay, I’d recommend the above from @andewhite and asking Huawei or Three UK about this, we don’t officially support routers so it is possible this has something to do with it too.

Tom

Thanks for the response everyone, the router in unlocked and works on all network, on have bought it on eBay . It did come with 3 network profile on it but works on every network I am not sure how it works. I have spoke to the seller and he have said that i need to setup a ID profile once I am abroad in order for it to work but I have found this confusing since they do this automatically . Thanks in advance advance .

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @wilkeruk 

Okay, I’d recommend speaking to the manufacturer or referring to the instructions with the device to set up a profile.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?