Question

help with APN settings

• 24 August 2023
  • 12 replies

Dear all good afternoon , i need some help. just bought a router for my campervan and going to travel to Europe soon , I had a problem before of not connecting to the internet once abroad and i have been advised by the seller to fill in the APN profile  on my router HUAWEI B535-232 CAT7, can anyone please help in how to create this profile to use it abroad?

those bellow are the information needed from Id mobile 

1- Profile name

2- APN

3-User name

4-Password

Thanks in advance for any information.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @wilkeruk 

Okay, I’d recommend speaking to the manufacturer or referring to the instructions with the device to set up a profile.

Tom

Thanks for the response everyone, the router in unlocked and works on all network, on have bought it on eBay . It did come with 3 network profile on it but works on every network I am not sure how it works. I have spoke to the seller and he have said that i need to setup a ID profile once I am abroad in order for it to work but I have found this confusing since they do this automatically . Thanks in advance advance .

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @wilkeruk 

Okay, I’d recommend the above from @andewhite and asking Huawei or Three UK about this, we don’t officially support routers so it is possible this has something to do with it too.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Tom thanks for quoting. I have inserted the sim card and it works absolute fine no problem here in the Uk. Problem am having is when i go abroad Example ( France ). Because its showing 3uk profile i have been advised by the seller i need to change the profile over the Id mobile in order for it to work abroad. As i have motioned on on my post this touter its no like a mobile phone that you would input those settings the information i need its showing blank on ID profile.

Thanks in advance 

Hey @wilkeruk, is your Huawei mobile broadband router network locked to the Three UK network? 

You should be able to edit the router settings, using a web browser and the router web admin page. 
Perhaps best to ask Huawei how to enter ‘blank’ input for the username and password data. 

Hi Tom thanks for quoting. I have inserted the sim card and it works absolute fine no problem here in the Uk. Problem am having is when i go abroad Example ( France ). Because its showing 3uk profile i have been advised by the seller i need to change the profile over the Id mobile in order for it to work abroad. As i have motioned on on my post this touter its no like a mobile phone that you would input those settings the information i need its showing blank on ID profile.

Thanks in advance 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @wilkeruk 

Have you tried the iD Mobile SIM card inside a supported device to see if it works there?

Tom

Hi Kash i would love some more help since am struggling with it. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @wilkeruk ,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking how you got on with this.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

thank you i will do that .

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Probably a question for Huawei technical support department @wilkeruk

Unfortunately, iD Mobile will only support use of their SIM cards in a mobile phone.

Thanks andewhite I have seen this online but on my router needs those information that's is blank , i am not sure what to do.

regards

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The following might help in this situation @wilkeruk.

From online page https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings.

The router’s user guide should explain how to use the device’s web admin page to change these settings.