Solved

Help with transferring Whatsapp to new phone

• 17 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m experiencing issues with accessing WhatsApp on my new iPhone 15 pro since I transferred from Vodafone to ID.

Whatsapp is the only app I seem to be having issues with since I transferred both my SIM and phone. 
I’ve tried all the instructions given on WhatsApp on my old phone but when I try to open the app on my new phone, I just seem to be going round in circles. 
I’ve watched multiple videos on YouTube and tried resetting my network, uninstalling and reinstalling the WhatsApp app as well as restarting my phone a few times. Nothing seems to be working. 
Has anyone else had similar issues and been able to resolve the problem? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 17 April 2024, 19:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do you have the WhatsApp app installed on another iPhone somewhere, @Chrissymin?

Userlevel 1

I don’t think so, but it cud be synched with my MacBook or iPad. I’ll check. Thanks for the info. I’ll let u know how I get on. 👍🏼

Userlevel 1

The only other place I have it is on my old phone which I obviously need in order to transfer to my new phone?? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The only other place I have it is on my old phone which I obviously need in order to transfer to my new phone?? 

Try backing-up WhatsApp on your old phone, @Chrissymin. If it’s an iPhone, then you can backup your WhatsApp stuff to iCloud, and remove the app from your old iPhone.

When you install WhatsApp on your new iPhone, you should be able to restore your WhatsApp backup from iCloud, onto the new iPhone.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chrissymin 

I’d recommend the above from @andewhite, or speaking directly to WhatsApp for further support.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?