• 8 January 2024
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

I've changed from EE 

And didn't expect such low internet speeds over 5g 

I'm lucky to get over 10mbps at times

My average is 6-9,  

I've even tried my SIM in my Motorola edge 40

And my other Sony s23 and both get similar speeds. 

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do you get the same results in other locations, and also at different times of the day @jackiejeff

I get download speeds between 12Mbps and 330Mbps depending on when and where I run speedtests.

Userlevel 1

I tried it at work and was getting 7Mbps on 5G tried turn it

5G off and was getting a 16Mbps, 

Then tried it on way home near my local shops and managed to hit  17Mbps on 5G 

At home I get 5G full bars and 14Mbps, 

Not sure what's going on. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How many people were using the mobile network cells at the time you ran your speed tests?

Are you running tests in a heavily populated urban area?

Is your device supported for 5G use on the iD network?

I live in Slough and travel to Liverpool street everyday, until now did not have any issues on my journeys except 2 days when the entire 3 network was down for which there has been no communication and no compensation

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jackiejeff 

Sorry to hear you aren’t satisfied with your speeds with us compared to them with EE, different networks will have a different signal, we rely on Three UK for our signal and EE have their own network.

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues with 5G?

Have you tried 4G in these areas?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @eswarm 

Sorry to hear you’ve been subject to an outage for 2 days, have services come back now?

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you had these issues?

Tom

Userlevel 1

I've had practically no data network all day and displaying h now used to show 4g losing connection all the time and only one bar showing, I've checked three network in my area and it's saying excellent network but not true only had the sim 2 wks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, the iD network partner (Three UK) has a networking fault affecting users of their mobile network, @Claire Nick.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Claire Nick 

Hey there, we're very sorry for any disruption, we are aware of the issue/outage and we are currently working on this as a high priority. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience with us.

Tom

Userlevel 1

funny how app not working power outage three days in a row taking awhile to fix it. but will have no problems taking our bills out im sure funny that lol 

Userlevel 1

Mines still only saying h instead of 4g disaster this

Userlevel 1

When you keep saying sorry that's not solving the problem really is it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Claire Nick,

We hope that the issue is now resolved.

If you are still experiencing issues, please let us know.

In most cases a restart or network reset should get your services back up and running.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @john2635aca,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you checked your postcode to see if there is any ongoing work in your area?

Has your coverage been the same since joining iD Mobile?

Kash

Why iD Mobile?