Solved

How to get messages when using an iD SIM in a WiFi dongle?

• 1 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I use my id SIM card in a mobile Wi-Fi dongle unit which means I can’t get the text messages or emails , is there a way round this ? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 1 September 2022, 21:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @lobeliadongle, there’s probably two options:

1. Check the user guide for your Wi-Fi dongle, because there’s probably an admin web interface that’ll allow you to send and receive text messages via the SIM in the dongle.
  2. Remove the SIM from your dongle and pop it into a phone, so you can receive the text messages you’re after - assuming you know when to expect them.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thank you, I’ll try the admin route as it’s a pain changing SIM cards . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @lobeliadongle 

In a case like this the texts are being sent to the SIM, the device you have it in is the decider on whether or not you can see them.

I’d suggest exactly what @andewhite says, should the admin web side not see the texts I’d recommend popping the SIM into a device that definitely supports texts when you need texts.

Unfortunately Wi-Fi dongles aren’t devices we officially support so knowledge and assistance from us with them would be limited.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi, thank you for your answer, the idea of logging into the admin of the dongle worked great thank you . 
Cheers 

Why iD Mobile?