Solved

How to turn on roaming when the child's phone is already abroad on a school trip?

• 22 October 2022
  • 5 replies

My child is in France on a school trip but his phone is basically useless.  If I try to sign in to iD, it tries to send a code to HIS phone!! Obviously that's not going to work. I am the adult acc holder and am in UK but my own phone is not iD. How can I turn on roaming for him. I can't even text him to tell him how to do it on his phone himself. I thought he would automatically have roaming.  

icon

Best answer by Kash 24 October 2022, 17:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Julie Travis,

In order to enable roaming you would need to have it enabled via the app and the handset.

So that we can enable roaming, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I eventually logged into the iD account from my own phone and was able to turn on roaming. Thank you.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Julie Travis,

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

I eventually logged into the iD account from my own phone and was able to turn on roaming. Thank you.  

Hello, how did you accomplish this? I am in the same situation and am unable to figure it out. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Krista Eve 

I believe they logged into the iD Mobile account associated with the number they wanted to switch on roaming for and switched it on through that.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?