Solved

HUAWEI P30 New edition

Userlevel 1

I have had this phone for about 7 months and was getting on perfectly but over night something happened with the handset and I am no longer getting any sound notifying me of received text messages even when I go into settings to change sound for text messages I don't get any soundsĀ 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 July 2021, 13:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @mrjezstubbs,

Did the phone shop ever advise what the issue was?

Itā€™s very odd this stopped working and Iā€™m fairly sure it would be down to a setting being changed (possibly accidentally)?

Youā€™d know if it was a hardware issue as no device sounds would be heard at all.

Ā 

Mohammed

Ā 

Userlevel 1

Thanks everyone in the end I had no alternative but to take my phone into an independent phone shop left phone for 2 hours and they sorted out the problem and it cost me Ā£20.

Because I need help from carers I have to have a phone that works 24:7 I paid the money.

I can honestly say I will not be buying a mobile phone made by the same company.Ā 

Userlevel 1

I have checked and phone is not on silent and my profile has not been changed and I have looked at the profile settings and everything is correct for notifications and sounds set up. As I have said it just happened 1 day it was working fine and then it wasn't.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @mrjezstubbs,

Is your phone set to silent or have you tried checking your profile settings?

Itā€™s possible youā€™ve set the volume for this to 0 and so message sounds are not playing.

Ā 

Mohammed

Ā 

Userlevel 1

Hi I have just done what you suggested and notifications for messages are switched onĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Ā @mrjezstubbs,

Could you please try going to the Messages app> Click setting (3 dots on the top right)> Settings>Notifications and ensure that show notifications and incoming messages is on.

Ā 

Kash

Userlevel 1

Software is up to date and I do receive other notifications

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mrjezstubbs,

Have you checked if your handset is up to date with the latest software?

Are you notification sounds working for everything else?

Ā 

Kash

Why iD Mobile?