Question

I am making calls but people struggle to hear me as it is so intermittent

• 22 November 2023
  • 6 replies

I am getting so fed up, I have a Samsung S23 Plus. No one can hear me if make the call yet I can hear them clearly. I have got a new phone recently but the same issue is happening?! 

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sorry to hear this @Katie Louise Moscatelli 

So you have tried the SIM card in another phone and you face the same issue? Is this with all calls or only certain ones? 

We can try a replacement SIM card first, would you like for us to send one out, or can you collect one in a Currys store?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I've got the same problem also,nobody can hear me when I'm talking back. 

New s23 Ultra,they sent me a new sim and guess what,still doesn't work. 

It's an appalling network,now ive got to wait another 72 hrs to see what anybody can do.

Had to wait 1hr 40 mins to get through to complaints.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am getting so fed up, I have a Samsung S23 Plus. No one can hear me if make the call yet I can hear them clearly. I have got a new phone recently but the same issue is happening?! 

Hi Katie,

I was facing the same issues and  now I've finally got to the bottom of the problem through my own hard work as ID mobile weren't much help to me.

Firstly request a new sim and try that.

If the new sim still doesn't work,try the new sim in another phone and make a few calls to see if the problem still persists or not.

If the sim works fine in another phone then you've narrowed it down to the phone at fault and not the network.

On your new phone,you need to perform a receiver test which tests the receiver.

1. From the phone dialler, enter
*#0283#
2. Select LOOPBACK.
3. Select RCV_1stMic.Say a few words as if you were
on a call. lf you hear your own
voice, it's working correctly.

I called Samsung 5 times today because i had that much trouble with not being able to hear them or they hear me.

I called 4 numbers today with my new sim in an old phone and all the calls were perfect,after i asked if they could hear me.

I then straight away put the new sim back in my new phone and called the same 4 numbers.

On all 4 calls,they said they couldnt hear me and i was breaking up,and at times couldnt hear them at all.

Then i tested the receiver and i couldn't even perform that test as my new phone wouldnt allow it but i could perform the receiver test on the old phone which worked perfect.

So I've narrowed my problem to the phone being faulty and after ringing up Samsung again,they confirmed that the phone is faulty if i couldnt perform the receiver test.

Went into currys carephone warehouse today and gave them all my information with reference numbers from ID mobile and Samsung as proof the phone was faulty and im getting a replacement hopefully on Monday.

I hope you get sorted as its frustating and ive spent so much time sorting this out myself,and if i can speed up the process for anyone facing the same issues,then its a win win situation. 

All the Best.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am also getting the same problems , also on s23 ultra

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Shaun Hutchings,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tested your SIM in another handset?

Also please can you advise if there are any issues or work being carried out at your address?

Kash

Why iD Mobile?