Question

I cannot make calls or receive from my wife after porting

I recently ported my number to ID mobile  from Lebara Mobile. After I ported my number I cannot make calls to my wife who is on Lebara , it shows “invalid number”  but she can call me Could anyone please help me? I can call other numbers but not to my wifes number who is on lebara mobile. and I have checked my number is not blocked on her mobile.

11 replies

I recently ported my number to ID mobile  from Lebara Mobile. After I ported my number I cannot make calls to my wife who is on Lebara , it shows “invalid number”  but she can call me Could anyone please help me? I can call other numbers but not to my wifes number who is on lebara mobile. and I have checked my number is not blocked on her mobile.

I have just had a live chat and the agent says my wifes number is regarded as a premium number ?? wth? I was with lebara UK and could make call to her? now I ported to ID and her number became premium? whose fault is this? I will take escalate this issue to OFCOM if this is not sorted  asap

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What is the first 5 digits of your wife’s mobile number?

0740522xxxx

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

07405 are mobile numbers that were assigned to Lycamobile. These are not premium rate numbers! However, Three mobile have them listed as such? So, anyone calling a 07405 number from Three, iD Mobile and possibly any other MVNO that uses the Three network will be charged 55p a minute. 🫣

That number 07405xxxx was originally on three network a few months back and later was ported to Lebara mobile.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

That number may have been on the Three network at some point but it must have been ported over from Lycamobile.

OFCOM shows the following allocation of those number ranges as:

07405 0 Allocated Lycamobile UK Limited Mobile services 08/2009
07405 1 Allocated Lycamobile UK Limited Mobile services 08/2009
07405 2 Allocated Lycamobile UK Limited Mobile services 08/2009
07405 3 Allocated Lycamobile UK Limited Mobile services 08/2009
07405 4 Allocated Lycamobile UK Limited Mobile services 08/2009
07405 5 Allocated Lycamobile UK Limited Mobile services 08/2009
07405 6 Allocated Lycamobile UK Limited Mobile services 08/2009
07405 7 Allocated Lycamobile UK Limited Mobile services 08/2009
07405 8 Allocated Lycamobile UK Limited Mobile services 08/2009
07405 9 Allocated Lycamobile UK Limited Mobile services 08/2009
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @WelshPaul,

Three mobile have them listed as such? So, anyone calling a 07405 number from Three, iD Mobile and possibly any other MVNO that uses the Three network will be charged 55p a minute. 🫣

This is the first I have seen so thanks for bringing this to our attention as we’ll get it double checked with the team.

Do you have the link for the Three website for us to check?

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @WelshPaul,

Kash

It’s OFCOM data @Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @WelshPaul,

Three mobile have them listed as such? So, anyone calling a 07405 number from Three, iD Mobile and possibly any other MVNO that uses the Three network will be charged 55p a minute. 🫣

This is the first I have seen so thanks for bringing this to our attention as we’ll get it double checked with the team.

Kash

Hi @Kash 
Here is the Three link to check call charge: Link
Screenshot:

Additional information on these numbers are available on the OFCOM website. They are definitely not premium rate and it looks like Three mobile have been charging their customers premium rates to call them (and possibly any MVNO that uses the Three network).

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Just to add to this, I’m with SMARTY which is owned by and uses the Three network… I can call 074052xxxxx numbers and they come out of my free minutes. So, this premium rate issue is a Three / iD Mobile related issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for sharing this information with us.

I can see we have an open conversation via Social Media so will continue there as we are already investigating.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?