Question

I need to cancel an old phone (my youngest sons) but dont have the number and its not been used for over a year.

• 8 April 2024
  • 1 reply

I was paying for my sons ID Mobile phone by direct debit. He left home for university 2 years ago and has since replaced his phone with a new one that he pays for himself. I recently noticed that Im still paying the monthly tariff so obviously i want to discontinue.

I cant cancel the contract on line as once i have entered the old number, a text is sent to that phone, which is no longer in use.

So i cancelled the Direct Debit but today received a final warning telling me to pay up (or else)

There doesn't seem to be any phone numbers that i can speak to someone about this.

HOW do I legitimately cancel this phone please? The contract shouldve rtun out over 12 months ago.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @BillysMurphysdad 

It’s worth noting that cancelling a direct debit would not cancel the plan you have, only the payments to it, missed payments may affect your credit rating.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?