Question

Illegible bills

• 31 October 2023
  • 16 replies

My bills are illegible. There must be a fault with the ID system. I’ve only just took a contract out with ID, and my first two bills are just a load of symbols? Not a good start…

16 replies

Userlevel 1

Mine are the same I sent a screenshot someone on the help topic and never heard anything back  

Userlevel 4
Badge

Try to read the pdf on a device other than your phone; eg laptop/ pad etc.

Userlevel 1

I will try later today as I am just going to work thanks for your reply 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Mine are the same I sent a screenshot someone on the help topic and never heard anything back  

Okay @Ethan p 2015, if you’ve got an iPhone running iOS 17+ a workaround is to install the Adobe Acrobat Reader app for reading PDF files. 

Userlevel 1

I’ve just looked at my bill on my apple iPad and the bill is fine but it is still unreadable on my iPhone 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve just looked at my bill on my apple iPad and the bill is fine but it is still unreadable on my iPhone 

Are your iPad and iPhone running the same versions of iPadOS and iOS @Ethan p 2015?

Userlevel 1

Yes 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes 

Perhaps the PDF issue only affects iOS @Ethan p 2015 - not iPadOS.
Do you know the OS version number running on each device - iPhone and iPad? 

Userlevel 1

My bills used to be fine it only started going wrong in September 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My bills used to be fine it only started going wrong in September 

Apple introduced new PDF features in iOS 17 in September, which appear to cause problems viewing the iD bill PDF with the iD app. 

Looks like you’ll have to use a workaround - like your iPad - until iD fix their iOS app.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply it’s not really that important to me to view my bills as I have monthly sim only deal 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Hobo & @Ethan p 2015 

Unfortunately there is an issue with iOS/Apple devices with reading PDF bills at the moment, there is no fault on iD Mobile’s side and we cannot fix this ourselves, Apple will need to look into this.

For the meantime, as suggested above by @Geluk & @andewhite, you’ll need to use a PDF reader or a different device.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I’ve got unreadable bills on IOS and Macos. However I found a work-around, on the Mac open the PDF bill in Word - you can read/print it OK then.

Userlevel 1

Why is this still a problem?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SirCharles 

We’d recommend contacting Apple directly to ask this.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SirCharles,

We can’t advise on this, however bills can be viewed using a PDF viewer.

For the meantime we would advise following this step until the issue is fixed.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?