Solved

iMessage and Facetime will not activate?

• 9 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I have recently moved to ID mobile from O2 (around 5 days ago) my number has ported over as i can receive calls and SMS messages, however my phone number will not activate for FaceTime or iMessage. All it keeps saying is “An error occured during activation, try again” I have tried every single step that has been suggested online including the ones suggested by the ID community. I have even been into an Apple store for support but was told that the problem is ID mobile does not support FaceTime or iMessage according to their list of supported carriers but i believe that to be incorrect as many of my family members are on ID mobile and use iMessage and Facetime. I have even been back into carphone warehouse/currys for support but no-one seems interested. Please advise on what to do next as i am currently paying for something that i cannot use

icon

Best answer by Joe_bfc98 11 April 2022, 18:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Joe_bfc98,

I’ve got an iPhone and Apple’s iMessage works fine.

Have you tried the following?

1. Sign out via the option Settings > Apple ID > Sign Out 
  2. Turn OFF your iPhone, for at least 10 minutes
  3. Turn ON your iPhone
  4. Sign-in using your Apple ID

Hopefully the iMessage and FaceTime services will activate.

If things still aren’t working, try using Apple’s online support to get assistance.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

I contacted ID via twitter and they said they would escalate it to their tech team, i checked earlier and the problem has now been resolved and my number has verified, so i don't know if it was something on ID’s end that they have sorted?

Why iD Mobile?