Question

Incorrect Details on iD mobile account

• 8 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I bought a phone with an iD mobile account in a Black Friday deal.  Since receiving the phone I have been unable to use the SIM card - it just says no signal. I have also tried to register for an iD mobile account but it keeps saying that my details are incorrect.

I contacted the live chat for assistance and was told that the new number I have been given by iD mobile is connected to somebody else’s details.  The live chat people refuse to discuss anything with me because they say I am not the account holder because the details I am giving them do not match what is on their system.  I have emails from The Carphone Warehouse addressed to me and proving that I entered my details correctly when purchasing the phone and the contract as well as the invoice and a copy of the direct debit information which also has my details on it. 

When I contact The Carphone Warehouse to try to resolve the issue they say that my details are correct on their system and it is a problem with iD mobile so I should speak to them.  However as I mentioned previously because my details do not match what is on the iD mobile system, the live chat support refuse to speak to me.  I’m completely stuck with a contract that I cannot use and the direct debit is showing up on my bank account so I am concerned that I will be paying for a service I am not receiving. I have provided copies of emails, the invoice and a copy of my passport to the documents email address for iD mobile as instructed to do so by the complaints department but I have heard nothing despite being promised I would receive a reply within 24 hours.

Please can anybody help me!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @H_852 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?