Interesting and sad ID situation

Customer service
You will need your iD customer service pin handy. This is a 4-digit number that can be found under the My Account section in the iD App or online.

Please ensure you enter the correct information as this will be used to identify you if you speak to an agent.

Your first name?

john
Your iD Mobile Number e.g. 07xxxxxxxxx?

new plan
I'll transfer you to a member of our Live Chat team.

You are now being transferred to a live agent.
You’re in a queue to speak to a member of the iD mobile chat team. We’ll be with you as soon as possible.

Thanks for waiting - we know you're there and we'll be with you soon. Your estimated wait time is 13.

Agent 'C' has joined the chat
Welcome to ID Mobile John, you are through to Courtney, I’m just going to have a quick read through your chat history. Kindly just bare with me for a moment.

i had an ID plan a long time ago but was going to rejoin but could not as only want a single email and as it is still on file with you could not use it therefore have cancelled the new rejoin with you and need to check if that has gone through
order ref 12
Thank you for your patience and allowing me to read through your chat history. I would be happy to look into this matter for you and will do so in a moment. Can you please confirm that you are the account holder?

yes
Thank you for confirming, can you please confirm the mobile number that is in question?

i have just got the sim but will not be using it my number with plusnet is 07---------
Thank you for confirming. Could you kindly confirm with a "yes" or "no", if you know your customer service pin? Please refrain from providing the CS pin without filling in the provided form.

just looking
Thank you for advising.

I haven't heard from you for a while. Do you wish to continue our chat?

an only find this Great news! Your order's now on its way.Transaction number:- 43------
found it 1---
Thank you for confirming. Before we start, kindly fill out a quick form for security purposes. I'm about to send you the form on this chat, it will show as a link. You can click on the link to open the form. Once you have entered the information, click submit.

Perfect! That matches our records. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Thank you for completing the form. As I can see this account I have loaded up is a disconnected account?

is that the new plan i was going to take out in the last few days?
as I said i used to be with ID long time ago and I know that is finished
I want to know if the agent i spoke to yesterday has cancelled the new rejoin and plan as promised
Yes this is the account that was opened on 27/04/2023 and was disconnected on 01/05/2023.

ok thats ok then as I will now be going with lyca due to ID not letting me use my only email for rejoining if they had not kept my details this would not happen
can you tell me how to get my personal info removed from your system
Your iD Mobile account has been disconnected but the username cannot be removed.

then i cannot rejoin at a later date even if i want to
its a poor state of affairs with ID
You would be able to rejoin with iD Mobile. It is just that the same email address used for a previous account cannot be used with a new account that you sign up for with iD Mobile. As the email address is used to create a unique username.

it needs to be scrubbed from the system when i leave as it is not helpful to anything
how can i send a complaint to the fight dept.
rightdept.
I can log a complaint to our Complaints Team. Please bear with me a moment.

ok
this problem has cost them a potential customer, hoe bad is that
I fully understand, thank you for advising. I am deeply sorry for this. I will be completed shortly, just finishing up on your complaint.

Thank you for waiting. Your reference for this complaint is 34------- As the resolution to the above complaint I would like to offer you £20.00, kindly confirm if you accept the closure?

i have put my daughters phone with ID as she can log in new with her email but that option is not possible for me due to the one use of email
yes i accept the closure
but i would sooner have just rejoined but never mind
Kindly be advised if the closure is accepted, the complaint will be closed and not passed on to our Complaints Team.

strange but ok
Kindly confirm if you accept the closure or if I should escalate your complaint?

i confirm that closure is ok if the offer of £20 is given
Thank you for confirming. Kindly be advised this will reflect within 24 hours. We will process the refund after it has reflected which will take 3-5 working days for you to receive.

ok i will look forward to that
Kindly be advised that you may leave your direct debit active on the account in order for us to process the refund.

ok I will do that
Thank you for confirming. Kindly bear with me as I get this sorted please.

ok
Thank you so much for waiting. Kindly be advised the goodwill has been added this will take 24 hours to reflect. After the provided timescale we will process the refund which will take 3-5 working days to be received.

ok thats great and is fair compensation as its taken a few hours of my time to sort this out sadly.
I do apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Kindly confirm if there is anything else I could assist you with today?

no thanks you have sorted this out for me thanks
Thank you so much! Before you go please exit the chat in the top right corner of your screen and if you don't mind please kindly rate my services by doing the box survey after this chat.

This wouldn't take to long and would provide much needed feedback.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @archieclare,

Thanks for sharing that.

We hope that this can be re-used in the future with updates but at this moment in time, a username cannot be unlinked or re-used with a new account.

I can only but apologise for the inconveneince this may cause.

Mohammed

Its hard to believe in these days where everything is done on line and digitalized that a company cannot easily change or delete details, and because they could`nt or would`nt  i won`t be changing back to them,  so they have lost a potential  customer and its wasted hours of my time, they had`nt even got the ease of a phone number to make it easy to sort things out. On top of that i have been sent a bill saying i owe £1.07 even though the sim is still in its unopened envelope, so whats that all about?  I am bitterly dissapointed in ID and will certainly not be able to recoment them at all. I have now gone over to Lyca who have both email and phone facilities to look after anyone with a problem and  at a lower cost than ID.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @archieclare 

I’m sorry to hear we’ve lost your custom, the £1.07 bill would be for the time spent on the plan itself, this would occur regardless of usage.

Tom