Internet problems 5+ times a day and 1 bar signal at all times

• 20 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Since switching to id mobile about a month ago it has been nothing but horrendous if I am honest. I live in an area which claims to have full outdoor 5g coverage and mostly indoor too, however outside I can get 5g maybe 0.1% of the time. But the worst thing about this awful provider is the fact of in the month since I got this phone and new contract I have had more internet issues due to signal etc than I did in 5+ years using a Three mobile contract, but how does this work if idmobile claim to be ‘on the same network as 3’? I never had any problems with Three, ever. But now my internet cuts out and I cant refresh things etc minimum 3+ times a day on Idmobile. Absolutely embarrassingly bad.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @tomot1919 

I’m sorry you feel this way, our signal wouldn’t have any difference to that of a Three UK signal, we rely and use their signal network.

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’ve had issues?

With any iD Mobile plan you’ll have the option to return the plan early on should you find the signal isn’t for you.

Tom

Userlevel 2

I'm having same issues for over 9 months they just keeping fobbing off they took handset in for repair saying it was that 3 weeks later get it back it still switching off on own and not connecting signal id say "nothing shows on ly error report" so they say I'm lying but obviously I'm not wasting my time for nothing my phone does not ever connect to 5g and even 4g is super slow when it connects it fails mostly as I never get a consistent signal for longer than 10 min my partner has a three contract we live sane place he has no problems . I think id are lying claiming to use that signal as if that's case why isn't his down at same time as mine 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @NooNoo12,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear about the issues that you have been having.

Are you able to confirm the postcode that you are having issues at?

Kash

Userlevel 2

Bd1 4qf and all over bd8 

Userlevel 2

I've never had a 5g signal 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @NooNoo12,

I can see any issues with coverage or any work being carried out.

Have you tested the SIM in a different handset or had a replacement SIM sent out?

We can get a replacement SIM sent out or you can collect one from Curry’s to see if that makes a difference.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?