Solved

Iphone 13 imessage sync issue after porting

• 13 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

My number has ported over so texts and phone calls come from my transferred number - this works perfectly. I have a message confirming the switch from last week from ID Mobile.

My new iPhone 13 cannot send iMessages to iPhone phone numbers - only email address.

I’ve tried turning off/on  iMessages / FaceTime - which is on highlighted as possible solution on this forum multiple times - it doesn't work.

I’ve tried the sign out /in of iCloud but no success.

Looking at my iCloud account it will only accept iMessages from my original number (ie my ported number). The consequence is that for my contacts who start messages from their phone number - I can no longer use iMessages (only text messaging is available). It also seems to send the message 3times. 

In phone settings - the original id mobile phone number is still displayed. If I try to edit and save it to my ported number and it instantly reverts back to the ID number. 

On another phone companies forums this issue has been attributed to an issue with the Sim card unable to update the phone number.

Any ideas / help much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Will 15 December 2021, 14:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @anotheriphone,

1)    Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @anotheriphone,

1)    Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Kash

This didn't solve the issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @anotheriphone,

How does the phone behave when iMessages are disabled?

Could you please try turning the handset off for a minimum of 10 minutes with the SIM card removed please?

Cheers,

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @anotheriphone,

How does the phone behave when iMessages are disabled?

Could you please try turning the handset off for a minimum of 10 minutes with the SIM card removed please?

Cheers,

Will

Thanks for this Will, your suggestion of removing the sim and leaving it for 10 mins worked a treat!

For completeness when iMessages is disabled, I can only send text messages and cannot reply to current iMessages.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @anotheriphone,

Really glad I could help!

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will

Why iD Mobile?