Question

Issue with porting and file exchange!!

• 20 October 2023
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

just wanted to check if anyone has had the same/similar experience to mine. 
I have requested to port my number from my previous provider, obtained the PAC code and submitted the form.

IDMobile says they are still waiting some file exchange that needs to be submitted by the previous provider. I have contacted them and they said that my number has already been ported out and there’s nothing else left on their side to do.

Basically I am now stuck between IDmobile and the previous provider telling me different things and I am not sure what to do.

I just need my old number to be ported in ID Mobile and that’s it!!

Has any of you experience any issues when porting out/in your old number?

Thanks! 

18 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Jessica Brancato, when I transferred my number to iD Mobile, everything was completed as scheduled. 

Who was your old service provider? 
Within the last few months there have been issues with number transfers from plusnet, Lycamobile, and Vodafone - most recently Lycamobile. 

Although iD are 100% responsible for completing the number transfer, they have to rely on the old provider doing things correctly, which sometimes doesn’t happen.

Most UK mobile network operators belong to The UK Mobile Number Portability Operator Steering Group (‘MNP OSG’), who manage the practical side the OFCOM regulations for mobile number portability.

--

Userlevel 1

It’s LycaMobile my old provider. I just wonder if and when everything will be sorted. I have been waiting 3 weeks now.

Hello Jessica,

I am facing the same issue, porting requested on 10-OCt and since then my incoming not working. I raised it to complaint team more than a week ago and they are also not providing clear direction or steps. I did ask on how long to wait and they don’t have answer. 

I am exploring options for escalation as suffering for last 10 days without network and affected badly.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Apparently a recent cyber incident affected Lycamobile @Jessica Brancato, resulting in Lycamobile being slow to provide the required information to the gaining service provide (iD). 

This has been a recurring topic in the UK mobile network operators online communities recently.
In addition, the current industry-wide process seems somewhat biased towards the losing service provided.

i understand but i am coming from Lebara mobile and not lyca. Why is complaints team not able to provide clear steps. there should be defined escalation procedure in place.. If ID mobile is not able to escalate, i would like to raise issue to the body u suggested, please share steps to escalate to MNP OSG/ OfCOM

The UK Mobile Number Portability Operator Steering Group (‘MNP OSG’), who manage the practical side the OFCOM regulations for mobile number portability.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @BHAVSMAH, if you’ve already logged a complaint you’re probably stuck in that process now. 

According to the iD complaints procedure, if they don’t resolve or respond to your issue within 8-weeks, you’re able to take your case to the Communications Ombudsman. 

Not a great situation.

@andewhite That doesn’t help so if my mobile incoming is not working should i keep waiting for 8 weeks?

Why is ID mobile not having escalation if the porting in is not sorted in certain days they should raise it to governing body.. Customer shouldn’t be affected for the service. I need to know how incoming calls can be functional irrespective of old number or new. The core issue is incoming is NOT WORKING AT ALL.

If the issue can’t be resolved, i am happy to move out to some other provider but i want my number to be retained. i am blocked at this stage.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hard to say @BHAVSMAH - I’m just a forum member like yourself, and sometimes it seems iD technical support is lacking or non-existent.

I suspect iD Mobile rely heavily on their network partner (Three UK) for many aspects of technical support, and communications between the two parties seem slow. In general, iD Mobile appear to be unresourced in customer service areas.

@andewhite - looks like onus is fully on customer to handle it. i reached out to old service provide who confirmed all required files have been sent over 4 days ago and still no action performed. This has nothing do with ID to THREE interaction. It’s basic SOP defined operation managment.  What’s the poing of this post here if ID mobile team is not even looking at the details posted here or responding to it as they are simply understaffed. This means customer to wait on call for 45 mins to reach to their support team.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Indeed @BHAVSMAH, unfortunately, iD Mobile gives the impression you’ll get 24/7 help & support by using this forum, which probably results in customers posting about issues that could be handled better elsewhere.

For immediate support from iD Mobile, use the online chat service. Otherwise message iD privately on their social media channels (using Facebook Messenger or X (Twitter) DM), where you can leave an out of hours message.

Not sure what this forum is supposed to offer customers these days - perhaps it was originally seen as somewhere for users to assist one another. Anyway, the iD Mobile staff only read forum posts once a day, and quite often it’s less frequently. 

Userlevel 1

I just want to reiterate also that I have contacted and called Lyca mobile and they have confirmed that the porting out has happened on their end and my mobile number is not found anymore in their system so there’s nothing else they can help with. I feel I am stuck as @BHAVSMAH  at this point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jessica Brancato,

I can see that we have responded to your post elsewhere.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

@Kash - What’s the resolution to issue i reported, even i have confirmation from Lebara team that they had provided file on 16-Oct. Why is taking it so long for ID mobile to action ??

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @BHAVSMAH,

If there is a file exchange delay we would need to wait for our Technical Team to process the port with the old network.

We can’t provide a timescale unfortunately but the team will work to get it sorted as soon as possible.

Kash

@Kash - As mentioned in my earlier comment, i have confirmation from Lebara team that they have shared file on 16-Oct and event after 8 days we are still waiting for ID mobile team to activate connection.  Please note, incoming calls and text are not working since 10-Oct. Now that file is with ID mobile team since 16-OCt it should be activated asap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @BHAVSMAH 

If the port hasn’t completed, we can only comment that the file has not been received on our side by our team.

Tom

Userlevel 1

All sorted, my port has been completed. Thanks all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jessica Brancato 

Glad to hear this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?