Solved

issues with network coverage

• 5 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I've been using ID mobile for approx 3 years now and never really had an issue. For the last 3 or 4 months, I've noticed that the signal is very poor and I can barely make any calls. I haven't moved but I can't get signal or make calls anywhere in the house anymore. I can still see I have 1 or 2 bars of signal so not sure what has happened. Tried turning phone off and back on and even tried to reset network settings which seems to have made it worse. I've also turned 5g off (as per an article I saw on ID'S website).

Any help would be great - it's getting really annoying that I can't make phone calls in the same house that I've had no issues in for the last 3 years. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 6 February 2023, 10:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You should check the network for any faults or service issues at your location @RH0212.

Do this online at https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support.

Meanwhile, if you’ve got a Wi-Fi network at home and your handset supports Wi-Fi Calling, using the iD Wi-Fi Calling service might help.

Good luck @RH0212. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @RH0212,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that your question has been answered but if there is any further information you need, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I have exactly the same issues as RH0212 - Never had signal issues until the past 4 weeks or so. Now, our two mobile phones consistently drop connections mid conversation and our home based Huawei router is nowhere near as efficient as it used to be with ever fluctuating signal strengths. I’ve since cancelled Netflix as endless buffering is as bad as trying to watch a football match.

I am sick to the back teeth hearing how wonderful Threes network coverage is on this site when you only need to Google ‘Three’ to see the countrywide mess Three is currently experiencing. Below is Threes generic status message for the past 4 weeks in TS22 area

We're working on fixing an issue in this area at the moment. We're sorry for any disruption this may be causing.

We hope to have things fixed as soon as possible and will add any updates here. (Incidentally, Three have not posted one update in the 4 weeks I have been checking)

With regards andewhite suggestion; Meanwhile, if you’ve got a Wi-Fi network at home and your handset supports Wi-Fi Calling, using the iD Wi-Fi Calling service might help.

What use is that when the WiFi signal keeps dropping out with the same regularity as sms?  End result is still the same, phone conversations which drop out or cannot even be made. The sooner Id Mobile call out Three network for their lack of service the better!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Reachingout,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?