Question

issuing with sms messaging

Good morning,

I am facing issues since moving my number from three to ID. At first when sending text messages the recipient would say that I was texting of a differant number (I belive the original sim number) but now texts are not even sending. This appears to be some sort of porting issue. 

Is there a number or methodnofnsctuallly speaking to a human to get this issue fixed 

I am using a Samsung A53 for some context

Kind regards 

Harry

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @vinniehaz, have you tried the following?

1. Open your Messaging app and click Settings > Chat Features does it show the correct number?
  2. If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to de-register the number.
  3. Once done, turn off the Chat Features and the phone.
  4. Wait a at least 15- minutes and turn the device back on, and re-enable Chat Features it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Unfortunately iD Mobile don’t have a telephone support helpline. Your communication options are: 

• Get in-touch using their online live chat service.
  • Contact iD privately by sending them a private message on facebook, or Twitter.

The agents work 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends (and bank holidays).

Initially a differant number was shown in kn chat feature. I have tried to do as the link attached says but it still is not working. 

I have changed the chat feature number to my number and turned the phone of for over 15 minutes but its still not working.

This is quite annoying as I require this service for work and so hope you can help me ASAP

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

In that case just TURN OFF “Chat features” and leave it OFF.

This problem is because Google Messages app uses RCS for messages. Best to contact Google for support with their app ASAP.

🍀

Thanks for the replies I will contact Google.....even with chat features turned off it doesn't work 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I thought your messages are sending, but appear to come from the initial mobile number you got from iD, not the number you transferred to iD?

What doesn’t work when the Messages app “Chat features” are turned OFF?

Good luck with Google support @vinniehaz.

It was initially working but as a differant number....now its not working whatsoever (as in with texts won't send)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Might be worthwhile trying a Network Reset.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @vinniehaz 

Are you still having issues with this?

A network reset could help as suggested above by @andewhite, let us know how you’re getting on.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?