Solved

Keeping my number

• 20 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi. Can you help me please? I’m currently on a ID mobile SIM only contract (with a very old iPhone), so I recently purchased a new phone/sim contract online for ID mobile. I need to move my number, but want to be sure I follow the right process. Could you advise the best way to do it please? Thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 20 October 2023, 11:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Lisa Thompson, at iD Mobile you can’t transfer a number from one iD contract to another iD contract. One option is as follows:- 

1. To use the number you want to keep, with your new iD contract, you’ll need to get a PAC from iD for the number you want to keep.
  2. Give the PAC for the number you want keep to another service provider (e.g. ASDA Mobile, giffgaff etc.), then wait until the number you want to keep is working properly with the new service provider.
  3. Get another PAC from the new service provider for the number you want to keep.
  4. Give the PAC from step 4) to iD for the iD contract you going to keep.

It’s a faff, but in your situation the only option, unless you return your recent order within the cooling off period, and upgrade your iD SIM only contract to a handset contract.

Userlevel 1

Oh god that is a faff isn’t it! Thanks so much for replying and explaining it all though, I really appreciate it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lisa Thompson,

Welcome to the Community!

It looks like @andewhite has answered your query.

If there is anything else that you require assistance with you can get back to us here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?