Solved

Leaving before even starting with ID

I transferred from Virgin to ID Mobile 2 weeks ago, arranging for my old number to be transferred too. I have been sent a welcome pack, advance notice of first invoice, given all my bank details and told my phone would be connected on 24/2/23.

I have no phone connection stil at 2/3/23, and clearly no means of contacting ID who, from other things I’ve read on this notice board, simply don’t make any arrangements to be contacted directly.  I’m not even sure how I can cancel my so-called contract, other than of course cancelling my direct debit arrangement.

Does ID take any new customers seriously once they have got their bank details?  I need the mobile for hospital arrangements and the usual stuff, but am now without any connection for two weeks.  And hours spent trying to contact ID and get a tailor-made response.

Dr K.W.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 2 March 2023, 22:27

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Cancelling your direct debit does not cancel your iD contract @Ken.W.

When you cancel your iD Mobile account’s direct debit all you’re doing is stopping the payment method, meaning the account could fall into arrears. Should that happen your debt might be passed to a debt collection agency, and your credit file will be marked with missed payments against the iD Mobile account in question.

The community “How do I cancel or return order?” online FAQ might assist in this situation.

🍀🤞 

Thank you, andewhite, but I am cancelllng my direct debit because the phone service was scheduled to come live on 27/2/23 - I had fulfilled all the requirements - but did not happen, and nobody has been in touch to explain why.  But thanks anyway.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Ken.W, that’s your choice of course, but you won’t be cancelling the contract you’ve got with iD Mobile by cancelling the direct debit.

I hope you somehow manage to get things sorted with iD.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Ken.W,

Sorry to hear you’ve had a poor start when joining and wanting to cancel.

We can help with cancelling this if you’d like by sending you a PM if you haven’t already sorted a return.

As @andewhite mentioned, cancelling your Direct Debit will not cancel your contract and may only negatively impact you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I am having the same problem as @Ken.W  ID keep sending a security code to my new ID phone number, but the number does not become active untill 27/09/23, and they are going to take a payment on 13/09/23.  I just want to be away from ID - how do I do it?

onemeat

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I am having the same problem as @Ken.W  ID keep sending a security code to my new ID phone number, but the number does not become active untill 27/09/23, and they are going to take a payment on 13/09/23.  I just want to be away from ID - how do I do it?

onemeat

No need to make multiple posts on the same subject, it won’t get you a quicker response. I have provided you with a link on how to cancel in your other thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @onemeat 

If you’ve been given a new iD Mobile number, the number is active, we don’t schedule the plan to become active later. Payments start two weeks after the plan begins/goes live.

If you wish for us to get in touch about cancellation, let us know.

Tom

Userlevel 1

@Tom wrote:   “If you wish for us to get in touch about cancellation, let us know.”

Thank you for replying Tom

Would you please get in touch with me about cancelling my ID contract.  I am still in the cooling off period.

I don’t think I could ever trust ID after the last few days. I have tried the live chat another 4 times this afternoon and their was no chat button again.

They asked me when I signed up with ID, When do you want your service to start, and I said 27/09/23, when my one month’s notice is finished with Three. Why is it active now?

I have cancelled my direct debit to protect me and my hard erned money.

Regards

Paul Kirk

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @onemeat ,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I ordered a new sim from id to use in my iPad. No intention of using it for phone or messages. No intention of changing my mobile number, but it seems that I must transfer my number to use the service.

i have not used the sim and cannot register with id as I have no id phone number to register with.

so I have no way to contact anyone at id to cancel my contract. Chat lines are no use to me and there is no way to speak to anyone. I have tried emailing my request but have had no reply.

my only course of action has been to cancel the direct debit, as I have no intention of dealing with a company I cannot contact satisfactorily.

if anyone from id picks up this message, please contact me to resolve the situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Geoff Harwood 

We don’t officially support iPads, therefore you may not be able to access all services from one, to register you’ll need to put your SIM card in a device we support to receive the text required for verification.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?