Question

lost simcard and unable to cancel contract and pay bill

I received a letter about an unpaid bill which threatened to send the information to a debt collectors. i have lost my simcard and am unable to receive a PAC code to end my contract and pay the final bill. it will not let me do it with another number but i dont have access to my ID number. How do I pay the outstanding bill? Cancel my contract and avoid this affecting my credit score?

Sadie

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @sadie456, 

You can do all of the above by speaking to a live chat agent here.

Hi @WelshPaul 

I have tried live chat and they provided a number to call but i am unable to get through to the number, it just says call failed every time

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

How can I pay my bill?

Direct Debit:

The best way to pay your bill is via Direct Debit - it's our preferred payment method. Paying by Direct Debit means you don't have to remember to make a payment every month and so avoid any issues with late payments. You can set up or amend your Direct Debit details using the iD Mobile App or by logging in to My Account.

Manual Payment:

We also accept one-off card payments in emergencies. You can make an emergency card payment using one of the following methods:

1. Pay with the iD app. Navigate to My Billing and click on 'Make a payment'. Download it for free if you haven't already done so.
  2. Pay online with My Account. Navigate to My Billing and click on 'Make a payment'. To do this, register at my.idmobile.co.uk if you haven't already done so.
  3. Pay by phone. Call our dedicated payment line on 0333 003 0001.

To make a payment:

> > > Call the number shown in section 3 above! < < <

Already tried calling the number and it just doesn’t work, says the number isn’t supported or something. Maybe you have to call the number with the sim which i don’t have

@WelshPaul 

@WelshPaul The problem is that none of the numbers work when I try to call them and pay the bill and I dont have an ID account. Basically, Im completely stuck because also cannot do the live chat…
Thanks for the advice!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The number works just fine for me and I’m not calling from an iD Mobile number, I’m not even a iD Mobile customer.

It might be to do with the fact that I have a French mobile number now… i will try with an english sim. do you know if it is also possible to cancel the contract like this too? 

@WelshPaul 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @sadie456,

Please try +44333 003 0001 as you need to use the UK Dialing code in order to access the number.

Or try a UK SIM card as above.

It’s not possible to cancel the contract like this, this is only for making a payment to clear a balance.

You can find out how to cancel here:

Or we can PM you here and support.

Mohammed

@Mohammed Yes please can you PM me

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @sadie456 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?