Question

mobile data never works

I have data. There is coverage. I’ve switched on and off again. Sim is fine. But since I’ve been with Id I can never use mobile data, 3G or 4g. There are always the notices too left saying 4g etc but it never ever works. 
wht to do?

can I leave ? 

17 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re in the cooling off period you can return and cancel @Nicky Owen.

Otherwise, you could be committed to continue for the minimum term of your iD contract, unless you pay an early termination fee.

Can you use your iD SIM in another handset with 4G mobile data okay?

Yes. It works. I said that already. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Nicky Owen,

Sorry to hear that.

We can troubleshoot this further to find out what could be causing this.

Can you clarify as above as your initial message doesn’t confirm if the SIM works fine with data in another phone?

If it does, then the issue is likely your APN settings that could be affecting it.

If it doesn’t work in another handset either, then it could be coverage.

If you did want to cancel, you have 30-day returns on any purchase made from iD Mobile directly or 14-days if you purchased via Currys.

Mohammed

I said the sim works fine in another phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Nicky Owen 

If the SIM works fine in another device the issue likely lies with the device, not the SIM card itself.

Have you reset your network settings on the device you’re having issues with?

Is this an iPhone or Android?

Tom

It’s an I phone. 8. How do I reset settings? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Nicky Owen,

It should be under Settings > General > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings

Mohammed

That doesn’t appear on my phone. 

Y phone doesn’t have tgsrc

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have a look under “Transfer or Reset iPhone@Nicky Owen.

If you’ve got iOS 15+, there should be a “Reset” option, which when selected shows a list of further options, including a “Reset Network Settings” option.

Won’t that reset my whole phone and I’ll lose items? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No, the “Reset Network Settings” option only resets the network settings.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Nicky Owen, just select “Reset” to see the “Reset Network Settings” option on your iPhone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Nicky Owen 

Please follow the steps above to reset your network settings and let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the help here @andewhite.

Tom

Still no joy 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Nicky Owen 

Okay, in this case it may be worth speaking directly to Apple support and/or resetting the device to factory settings, given the SIM card works in another device there would appear to be an issue with the device unfortunately.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?