Question

mobile data not working (its switched on on my phone)

• 17 September 2023
  • 9 replies

I’ve just upgraded my id contract and requested to keep my sim. I’ve put my sim in my new phone and can get Wi-Fi but no mobile data. I’ve tried all the recommended fixes but nothing is working. I’ve tried the chat bot and asked to speak to an adviser but have been told they are too busy. how do I get help from ID for this issue asap?

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What phone do you have @EmmaJID?

I have an iPhone 11. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve just upgraded my id contract and requested to keep my sim. I’ve put my sim in my new phone and can get Wi-Fi but no mobile data. I’ve tried all the recommended fixes but nothing is working. I’ve tried the chat bot and asked to speak to an adviser but have been told they are too busy. how do I get help from ID for this issue asap?

It might seem obvious, but is mobile data turned ON on your iPhone 11 @EmmaJID
Turn mobile data on/off from Settings > Mobile Data

You can contact iD customer support (privately) using Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM @EmmaJID

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Thanks for your help, this was the first thing I tried. I think they’ve accidentally deactivated my current sim (i asked to keep my current one) and not sent me a new one. I’ll try contacting them as you suggest.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If calls and texts work, doesn’t sound like your ‘old’ SIM has been deactivated. 

Anyway, you can activate the ‘new’ SIM from your iD account online (or iD app) @EmmaJID - maybe once this ‘new’ SIM has been activated, your calls, texts and mobile data will work okay.

Thanks but calls and texts aren’t working. Only what’s app when I connect to Wi-Fi. ID haven’t sent me a new SIM but I got a message to tell me my new sim was being activated and my current one isn’t working anymore so I’m feeling a bit stuck. I’ll try contact customer services again 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like iD might’ve made a mistake @EmmaJID
If your existing SIM has been deactivated, you’ll probably need a replacement SIM card. 
You can pick-up a free replacement iD SIM card from any Currys store, otherwise try the iD online customer support.

Thanks so much for your help, much appreciated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @EmmaJID,

Welcome to the Community!

I’m glad that @andewhite was able to help.

If you require further assistance, please let us know here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?