Solved

Moto G50 Wifi Calling issues

• 16 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi All,

I have a Moto G50 5G only had it 3 days, and have an issue with the WiFi calling availability. The phone seems to only have this available at random times and most of the time it just doesn't show it available and as I live rural then I have no reception. I have used it on this phone but on the odd occasion It has been available. The phone is update, I have reconnected the WiFi, the signal to WiFi is excellent, the internet is excellent, I have restarted my phone, and access point many times, booted the phone in safe mode and still nothing. Any suggestions or help otherwise I will have to return the phone :(

icon

Best answer by andewhite 16 February 2022, 10:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Nickchiz, sounds frustrating.

It’s appears the 5G version of the G50 isn’t currently supported for Wi-Fi Calling, on the iD Mobile network (see the “Wi-Fi Calling” page).

The iD Wi-Fi Calling service is great, when you can get it - it was one of reasons I joined iD Mobile.

Anyway, good luck.

Hi andewhite 

This isn't great news if this is the issue, as I purchased this from car phone warehouse for it's WiFi calling capability. I will be calling them to see what is going to be done. Does anyone know when ID Mobile release further mobile phone models for support ? As the Moto G50 is supported ! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

FYI, the “Wi-Fi Calling & 4G Calling” community article also has a list of currently supported devices, but Moto G50 G5 is missing here too.

Maybe you could ask Carphone Warehouse to exchange your G50 G5 for a G50 - especially as 5G coverage is likely to be very limited for some time to come.

Anyway, good luck.

HI,

AFAIK there is only one Motorola G50 and it is a 5G phone. The Motorola G50 5G is just another name for exactly the same phone. And I can confirm that the Motorola G50 WILL use Wifi Calling because I’ve just got it to work on my G50. If you’ve turned on WiFi Calling on the phone and you are still having no luck it might be your Router that is causing the problem. I have a Billion 8800AXL R2 router which requires a change to its configuration to allow WiFi Calls though. Have a look here: http://billion.uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=37016 it explains all!

Good Luck!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all if your Wi-Fi provider is Bt whe Wi-Fi calling ability will only kick in once you make or receive a call. That’s my experience with my iPhone 12 

AFAIK there is only one Motorola G50 and it is a 5G phone. The Motorola G50 5G is just another name for exactly the same phone.

Regarding my post above:

Apologies, but I’m talking rubbish there!

There IS a Motorola G50 AND a Motorola G50 5G. Confusingly they are both 5G phones. But the important point is that it appears that only the G50 is supported by id Mobile WiFi Calling. The G50 5G is not.

My G50 does WiFI Calling brilliantly.

The G50 can be easily identified because it has its camera lenses mounted vertically.

The G50 5G has them in an inverted “L” shape.

Why iD Mobile?