Solved

Move my old ID phone number to new SIM

• 19 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi. My phone was stolen and I have blocked it. It was a SIM only ID deal.

I have just got a new phone and contract with ID - & new ID SIM but I do not know how to move my old number across to my new phone / SIM?

can anyone help please? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 19 December 2023, 21:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’ll probably need to do a triangle port @Alarming, because iD can’t/won’t transfer a mobile number from one iD network connection (iD account) to another iD network connection. 

In essence, a triangle port requires switching the number you want to keep to another service provider, before switching it back to iD to use with the iD account/plan you plan to keep.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alarming 

If you’ve purchased a new iD Mobile contract with a new number instead of upgrading, you may need to do the above mentioned triangle port by @andewhite as moving a number directly from iD Mobile to another iD Mobile plan isn’t possible.

A number would need to come from a different network back to the new iD Mobile plan.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Further to this, I have moved number out to another Network provider.

This went through ok.

However the PAC they gave me to move back to ID was the same one that ID gave me to get out.

ID will not accept this as think it is porting within ID.

Chatting to other network for a long time - they reckon I have to wait 30 days to get a new PAC.

Does that sound right and would that be 30 days from now or when ID gave it to me a week ago?

Thanks

Userlevel 1

ok i think sorted now. Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alarming 

Glad to hear you've managed to get this sorted.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?