Solved

My data is not working on my Samsung Galaxy S23

• 23 January 2024
  • 12 replies

Hello everyone, I have recently moved from GiffGaff to ID and have noticed that whilst I can use wifi on my phone and make calls using my mins allowance and txt using the txt allowance, my data is just rolling over month on month. Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this? C

icon

Best answer by andewhite 23 January 2024, 19:04

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe iD Mobile haven’t provisioned your new connection correctly after you switched from giffgaff, @wareham1974

Otherwise, perhaps you iD SIM is damaged or faulty - does mobile data work if the SIM is used in another handset? 

Another possibility might be that for some reason mobile data is turned off in the settings on your S23 handset.

Hi there thanks for your note. Much appreciated. I will check the sim in another handset to see if data works. Mobile data is definitely turned on, how do I find out if id have provisioned the new connection correctly?

hello @andewhite thanks for your note. Much appreciated. I will check the sim in another handset to see if data works. Mobile data is definitely turned on, how do I find out if id have provisioned the new connection correctly?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

hello @andewhite thanks for your note. Much appreciated. I will check the sim in another handset to see if data works. Mobile data is definitely turned on, how do I find out if id have provisioned the new connection correctly?

Use the online Live Chat service and ask iD to check your account is correctly provisioned. 

You might also want to check the following topic, as this might solve your problem, @wareham1974.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Been having the same issues all week, phone calls don't work and data works when it wants, mostly never. Why should we keep paying our bills? I've cancelled my direct debit and won't be paying until this is fixed, absolutely shocking service and even worse customer service 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Been having the same issues all week, phone calls don't work and data works when it wants, mostly never. Why should we keep paying our bills? I've cancelled my direct debit and won't be paying until this is fixed, absolutely shocking service and even worse customer service 

Unfortunately @Csteele88, your unpaid bill might be passed to a debt collection agency, and your credit file marked with a missed payment or payments.

The following is taken from the “Provision of the Services” section of the terms & conditions: 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Unfortunately @Csteele88, your unpaid bill might be passed to a debt collection agency, and your credit file marked with a missed payment or payments.

The following is taken from the “Provision of the Services” section of the terms & conditions: 

Oh no, in that case I'm demanding a price reduction on my bill for this month, but thanks for answering absolutely nothing to do with the actual issue and giving me info me and everyone else already knows.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh no, in that case I'm demanding a price reduction on my bill for this month, but thanks for answering absolutely nothing to do with the actual issue and giving me info me and everyone else already knows.

Okay @Csteele88, I’m sorry you feel that way. 

You posted “I’ve cancelled my direct debit” (to iD Mobile), which could adversely affect your credit score if payments are missed - sorry if I’ve just repeated something everyone already knows.

I’m just a forum member like yourself, and I can’t check the provisioning of customer accounts, nor the operational status of the iD Mobile mobile network around the UK. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Okay @Csteele88, I’m sorry you feel that way. 

You posted “I’ve cancelled my direct debit” (to iD Mobile), which could adversely affect your credit score if payments are missed - sorry if I’ve just repeated something everyone already knows.

I’m just a forum member like yourself, and I can’t check the provisioning of customer accounts, nor the operational status of the iD Mobile mobile network around the UK. 

Fair enough, but without sounding ignorant, I'm looking for answers from the operator, not randoms who can't help with the problem.

I can't even see anywhere on here where they confirm they are having issues, when a lot of customers clearly are.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Csteele88, I’m sorry you feel that way. 

Fair enough, but without sounding ignorant, I'm looking for answers from the operator, not randoms who can't help with the problem.

I can't even see anywhere on here where they confirm they are having issues, when a lot of customers clearly are.

Unfortunately @Csteele88, although iD Mobile promote this forum as a 24/7 support hub, in reality the iD staff only read user posts once a day, sometimes less frequently. 

Sorry if this is repetition, but the primary iD Mobile channels for customer support are:

The advisors work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @wareham1974 

Texts and calls work but data does not, correct?

It’d be strange for data specifically not to work, have you tried a network settings reset?

For iPhone;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For Android;

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

Please let us know how you get on with the SIM card in another handset.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Csteele88 

Sorry to hear this, how long have you been having issues with texts, calls and data?

Is this in specific areas or all areas?

Please could you provide any postcodes where you do have issues?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?