my data isnt working

Userlevel 1

I’m currently in Greece and for the past 2 days my data has been working perfectly fine, but now all of a sudden doesn’t work? If I’m honest I’m disappointed to say the least I’m currently travelling alone and the Wi-Fi is expensive to use. Luckily whilst grabbing food there is free Wi-Fi but yet my data doesn’t work. I need this sorted asap as I need to keep in contact with the reps and my family 

16 replies

Userlevel 1

Same while I’m away in Germany. Pretty useless.

And given the woeful lack of support options, I can’t see myself staying with IDMobile when my contract is up

Userlevel 1

Same here! I’m away in Greece and my data has been absolutely fine until today. What is going on?! Can’t talk to anyone at iD as there are no options to do so, will be looking at joining other providers once home as this is unacceptable 

Userlevel 1

Mine also not working since afternoon in Germany. This is so frustrating. One of my friend in Spain told me his is also not working so seems like it’s out everywhere 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Hamxa1,

Welcome to the Community!

This issue should be resolved and services should be working.

If you still have issues, please let us know.

Kash

Hello. I have a sim for my Son, but his data is not working. What's going on? I would prefer to speak to someone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Gus Cinque,

You can contact Live Chat if you wish to speak to an agent quicker.

Our Community posts are not monitored daily so there is a delay in replies.

Can you give us a bit more information here.

1. Is he in the UK or abroad?
  2. Does the app/account show he has data left on his allowances?
  3. Have you tried restarting?
  4. Have you tried the SIM in another handset?
  5. Is Mobile Data turned on?

Mohammed

Seriously fella. I have tried all the basics & had to revert to an old number. Can't get online with your sim so I can't chat to anyone with it. I need a straight answer from a real person. Your live chat was crap & nobody answered, sorry.  

In the UK, app works fine. I will try in another hand set, but I can't guve it to him. Can I get a replacement sim that works please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Gus Cinque  trying in another handset is just to see if the data works on the SIM itself and if the issue is down to handset settings.

Did data work fine before when he used the iD SIM and suddenly stop?

Mohammed

Yes it did work before then just stopped & still doesn't work. The issue is not resolved 

Anyway, my question was, "can I have a replacement sim please" & can I talk to someone rather than texting!!! This is crap service by ID mobile & I am not impressed 

What is the number to talk to someone please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

There is no number, only live chat. Just go to Curry’s and get a replacement SIM if that is what you want to try next.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gus Cinque,

Just checking if you still require assistance with this?

If you haven’t managed to get a SIM, we can assist further here via PM.

Kash

No more assistance needed. I went to currys & got a replacement sim as suggested. The new sim also didn't work, but we now know ID-mobile is not compatible with a Samsung S9. I have now ordered a 3 mobile sim as they do not have any issues. I will use your sim as a Rat number until the contract ends. Then I will happily say goodbye to ID-mobile. Thank you for wasting my money & time. Good day & please refrain from contacting me. You can't do anything!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Gus Cinque,

No problem thanks for letting us know.

Just a note, did you activate the replacement SIM also? As replacement SIMs need to be activated before they can work and your post does not suggest if this was done.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?