Solved

Netgear Nighthawk LAX20 APN info

• 21 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi I have a stand alone Netgear Nighthawk LAX20 with an IDmobile SIM card. After setting it up it won’t connect to the internet, it looks like the APN info is incorrect but the info on IDmobile site doesn’t give me all the info required.

can anyone help. First pic is website second is nighthawk set up. I can change the PDP and the authentication but don’t know what to.

icon

Best answer by Kash 21 December 2022, 20:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Jez Bee, hopefully another Netgear mobile broadband router user can advise you about this because iD Mobile only support their SIM cards in mobile phones.

Have you tried all the authentication options?

Yep tried all four options, and still nothing. Not sure what the PDP and authentication means but hoping someone here can enlighten me. I was told ID mobile support routers for use with SIM card.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jez Bee ,

PDP (Packet Data Protocol) is the networking used by your device to connect it to thru the carriers to the public internet. Any error in authentication means your device has not received the the appropriate settings needed to automatically connect.

Does a different network SIM work in the router?

Kash

Thanks Kash, unfortunately I’ve got a Plusnet (EE) sim and Tesco(O2) sim but neither work as they are blocked on routers and only work with tablets or phone. I went for IDmobile as it uses 3 network which allows use with routers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Jez Bee,

You can try reaching out to the router manufacturer for support.

The APNs are as per the website so anything that’s blank or not mentioned is left as it is.

Try deleting the APN completely and re-adding it.

Hoping this is like a network reset which updates.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?