Solved

network provider details

Hi all, new member here.

Is iD54.0 the most up to date Network Provider detail? 
Ever since updating to IOS 16.4.1, I cannot send iMessages and Apple support have asked me to check with iD. 
I think it’s an iPhone software issue but Apple won’t help further until confirmed with iD that my settings are up to date. 
Thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 12 April 2023, 16:16

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good luck getting an answer about the “Network Provider” value on your iPhone @Nellie6752
I spent months asking iD Mobile for help with this value, but they didn’t ever manage to provide a satisfactory answer.

If iMessage worked before your iOS update, sounds like it might be an issue with the updated iOS (version 16.4.1) on your iPhone. It’s certainly not unheard of, for an iOS update to ‘break’ things.

Thanks @andewhite 

Ive seen others who cannot get info so I was just hoping really. 
Why they can’t have normal phone lines or chat function, god only knows 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess not having a telephone support helpline might mean less expensive contracts. 

I’ve not updated to iOS 16.4.1 yet, but I’ll check my “Network Provider” value before and afterwards to see if it changes.

Are your iMessages being sent as text messages instead @Nellie6752

Yes, everything else works but all messages going as normal texts

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Nellie6752, just in case - iMessage requires an Internet connection to work, which would be provided by a Wi-Fi network (which is the iPhone’s preferred option), or a mobile network data connection.

Is your iMessage not working because a Wi-Fi or mobile network data connection is unavailable? 

Both are working fine so I guess it can’t be that. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Seems a bit odd @Nellie6752, because iMessage is 100% an Apple owned and operated service, which only needs an Internet connection to work. 

If you turn-off your iPhone mobile data, then switch to using a Wi-Fi network connection and find iMessage doesn’t work, to me that suggests this is an Apple issue.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

iOS 16.4.1 - Network Provider = Three 54.0

iMessage has nothing to do with your service provider and is 100% apple. However, to enable iMessage a SMS is sent from your phone (in the background) to Apple in order to confirm you own the number and then Apple enables the feature on your phone. Has iMessage activated successfully?

Did you port in a number @Nellie6752?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iOS 16.4.1 - Network Provider = Three 54.0

Would this be for a Three UK SIM card in an iPhone?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’m with SMARTY and that’s my Network Provider info.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

After updating their iOS, appears @Nellie6752 has the latest “Network Provider” for their iD SIM card - their original post reported “iOS 16.4.1” and “iD 54.0”.

According to my phone iMessage has activated correctly. 

As per my original post, I cannot send iMessages but I can receive them 🤔

All sent messages auto convert to normal texts. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Have you tried deactivating iMessage and then reactivation?

Yes, before and whilst on the phone with Apple support 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can at least now tell Apple support you’re using the latest carrier settings for the iD Mobile network.

Why iD Mobile?