Solved

New ID Sent to Wrong Address

• 4 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Dear iD Mobile,

I have an ongoing complaint which involves very poor connectivity on my telephone.  Earlier today, a complaints agent telephoned me to discuss my complaint and what can be done to rectify it -- one of my options was a new SIM, to see if my current SIM is the cause of my issues.

I have now received an email from DPD / Currys tonight stating that an order is arriving.  After seeing my details in the enclosed link, I panicked and assumed I was the victim of a fraudulent Currys order.  However, after a phone call (where the phone kept beeping, like someone was pressing numbers) and a web chat, I figured out it was iD Mobile.

The email states that the package is being sent to my old address.  Therefore, I will not be in receipt of my new SIM.  I am confused as to how this mistake has been made, as I updated my address in November.  This is also a mild annoyance, as now I will not be able to see if my current SIM is the cause of my issues.

iD Mobile will now need to get another SIM shipped out, this time to my current address.

Please advise as to the above.

Many thanks,

EM

N.B. Please may I suggest using “iD Mobile” in your emails in future as, while I know iD Mobile is a subsidiary of Currys, many do not -- and will therefore assume that a fraudulent order has taken place.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 January 2023, 12:50

View original

2 replies

My apologies for the typo: new SIM, not ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @EloquentMahogany,

The system used for orders is shared by Carphone Warehouse so the address needs to be updated manually for this as it’s not automatically done when you update your address via your acount (as the network system is different).

This will have caused the SIM being sent to the wrong address as this was not checked or verified so please accept my apologies for this error caused by our Complaints Team.

As for the emails, this is down to how the order was created so there isn’t much we can do to change the emails.

That said, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed