Solved

new number, but i changed it via PAC to my old number - but my phone is still sending as the "new" number and its taking about 1 min per message.

• 29 October 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

new number, but i changed it via PAC to my old number - but my phone is still sending as the "new" number and its taking about 1 min per message.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 30 October 2023, 11:11

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This can happen if Apple (for iPhone) or Google (for Android) have registered your handset with the initial number allocated to your iD account, before the number transfer took place. 

The following might help with an iPhone:

1. Turn OFF iMessage
  2. Turn OFF FaceTime 
  3. Turn OFF your iPhone
  4. Carefully remove your SIM card and check it’s clean from smudges and not damaged
  5. Insert your iD SIM card and turn ON your iPhone
  6. Turn ON iMessage
  7. Turn ON FaceTime

Hopefully Apple then recognise the mobile number linked with your iPhone is the number you’ve transferred to iD.

For Android try this:

1. Turn OFF RCS chats (“Chat features”) in the Google Messages app.
  2. Turn OFF your handset and carefully remove the SIM card.
  3. Check no fingerprints are visible on the SIM card, nor any damage, before re-inserting your iD SIM card.
  4. Turn ON your handset.
  5. Turn ON RCS chats.

Userlevel 1

Excellent!! thank you! this worked. Have a great day, and feel good about helping a noob like me 😊

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Super @ryltarhune, are you using an iPhone or Android handset?
🙏

Userlevel 1

iphone 11

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ryltarhune 

Glad to hear the suggestion above from @andewhite helped with this.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m also having this trouble but the above hasn’t worked for me. I feel like throwing the phone out of the window! 

The new iD number (that shouldn’t be on this phone) is showing up, and my old number (that I wanted and had a PAC for) isn’t coming up as an option to use for iMessage. It says the sim isn’t registered for Apple? I’m at a loss! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I’m also having this trouble but the above hasn’t worked for me. I feel like throwing the phone out of the window! 

The new iD number (that shouldn’t be on this phone) is showing up, and my old number (that I wanted and had a PAC for) isn’t coming up as an option to use for iMessage. It says the sim isn’t registered for Apple? I’m at a loss! 

Is the number you wanted to keep showing in your online iD account, @Holly Bright?

Have you checked the mobile number you wanted to keep is shown in the following locations:

• Settings > Apple ID > [Your device with the iD SIM] > Phone Number
  • Settings > Phone > My Number
  • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > YOU CAN RECEIVE IMESSAGES TO AND REPLY FROM 
  • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > START NEW CONVERSATIONS FROM 
  • Settings > FaceTime > YOU CAN BE REACHED BY FACETIME AT 
  • Settings > FaceTime > CALLER ID

Userlevel 1

Hi, thank you for your reply. 

My Apple ID is my old number (the correct one), but when I go to “settings” “phone” my number is the new incorrect one and I can’t edit it? I try to and it won’t save. 

It says that my SIM card is not compatible with Apple on my Apple ID and therefore will not work for iMessage and FaceTime 😭 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET, @Holly Bright

The iOS user guide describes how to do this.

🤞

Userlevel 1

Wow, you are incredible!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!! Network reset has worked!! You absolute genius! Thank you so much! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Wow, you are incredible!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!! Network reset has worked!! You absolute genius! Thank you so much! 

I’m not too sure about that, but thank you… 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Holly Bright,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

Please get back to us if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?