Solved

new SIM card not working

I recently joined id mobile, I've received my new phone and new some card, successfully sent my  PAC information over ( due to complete Tuesday) but when I've put the new SIM into the phone it is not acknowledging a SIM being inserted. My old sim is recognised so the phone is not the issue. I've noticed a bubble in the chip on the new SIM. Could this be causing the issue? 

I've followed the steps suggested re a new SIM not working. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 23 January 2023, 14:27

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Shannibean,

I believe this has been picked up via Social Media already this morning.

Reply to us there and we’ll sort this 😊

For anyone who visits in the future and sees this topic, we can issue a replacement SIM (1-2 working days via DPD) or a free replacement can be obtained via Currys and activated.

Mohammed

Ive just bought a new phone and the SIM card does not work. I have used another ID mobile SIM card and this operates in my phone to allow me to set it up. When I placed the SIM card in the the other handset it did not work. 

How do i obtain a replacement?

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ive just bought a new phone and the SIM card does not work. I have used another ID mobile SIM card and this operates in my phone to allow me to set it up. When I placed the SIM card in the the other handset it did not work. 

How do i obtain a replacement?

Thanks

The quickest option is pick-up a replacement from your nearest Currys store, otherwise use the online iD Live Chat service to ask for a replacement and wait for it to arrive by Royal Mail postal service.

The online agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Hi new sim card received today and tried it now in 3 fully unlocked phones all fail to identify a sim being present, seems I have a faulty sim, as all phones say emergency calls only no sim, tried to activate but never received the text with the code

Spent ages trying new sim in several fully unlocked phones, still no sim emergency calls only shows up, looks like loads of people have the same problem :( looks also like the stock answer is go to currys for a new sim, thankfully I did not trust ID mobile enough to cancel my Vodafone contract and I signed up for a rolling month incase it was crap, looks like i did the right thing lol

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Spent ages trying new sim in several fully unlocked phones, still no sim emergency calls only shows up, looks like loads of people have the same problem :( looks also like the stock answer is go to currys for a new sim, thankfully I did not trust ID mobile enough to cancel my Vodafone contract and I signed up for a rolling month incase it was crap, looks like i did the right thing lol

SIM cards are supposed to be reasonably robust, so it is bizarre iD Mobile seem to be dispatching so many dud devices.

Userlevel 1

Hi new sim card received today and tried it now in 3 fully unlocked phones all fail to identify a sim being present, seems I have a faulty sim, as all phones say emergency calls only no sim, tried to activate but never received the text with the code

I've just got my replacement SIM and guess what? Same! Doesn't work!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lovely Day 

As @andewhite suggests iD Mobile replacement SIM cards can be ordered by contacting us (or the live chat) or picked up via a Currys store and activated via the app/website.

If you’d like any support in having one sent out then activated, please let us know so we can get in touch.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Darren Lane 

Have you picked up a replacement SIM card from a Currys store? Has this worked for you?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tonkata 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I’ve got the same problem. Do all Currys stores provide a new SIM and will they do it on the spot? Going away tomorrow so need to sort today. Also, do I have to go in person or can I send another member of my family with my ID?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Paulcox74 

All Currys stores can provide a replacement SIM card, the SIM picked up is just a blank one so anybody can pick one up for free, it can then be activated on the iD Mobile app/website while logged in.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Paulcox74,

You may need to visit your local store in person.

The SIM would need to be registered under your name.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?