Question

No 5G in 5G area

Userlevel 1

Hello, I switched to idMobile as the contract stated it included 5G but I never get 5G réception even Ina 5G area. My phone is definitely 5G ready as I was able to access 5G on it with my previous sim provider, so why can't I access 5G with idMobile?

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is this issue with 5G happening everywhere you’re using your iD SIM card, @allisaidwas?

Userlevel 1

Hi, yes, it always says 4G and the option of 5G has disappeared from Network preferences since I switched to idmobile

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is your handset listed as approved by iD Mobile for the iD Mobile network, @allisaidwas?

Check online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets. 

Userlevel 1

No it is Nokia G50, not on the list. Surely, they do not prevent use of 5G when the phone is compatible?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @allisaidwas, although iD probably don’t limit/prevent services, neither do they guarantee things work as expected with a non-approved handset.

Here’s another iD device list, which covers 5G compatibility. 

Sadly, there aren’t any Nokia handsets currently shown on this list, @allisaidwas. 

Userlevel 1

So I have been missile this service. There was no mention of this in my contract. It merely states 5G is included.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So @allisaidwas, last time I looked at the iD Mobile terms & conditions, there were several caveat clauses about their services. 

Basically, like most mobile service providers, iD Mobile don’t guarantee their network services work everywhere, all the time, with every type of mobile phone. 

Userlevel 1

Of course, they will cover themselves with the vague smallprint. I've never heard of this before, I will terminate during the cooling off period then. 30G of data is useless without 5G

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

At least you’re still in the cooling-off period, @allisaidwas. 

Make sure to RETURN your order, not cancel your iD contract, @allisaidwas. The latter option could incur an early termination fee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @allisaidwas,

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash, I would like to be able to connect to 5G, so please lift this restriction from my phone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @allisaidwas,

If 5G isn’t available or your handset doesn’t connect to 5G we are unable to provide much assistance.

Does the handset network settings have 5G enabled?

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash, yes, as I said I used to have 5G with my old sim card, but since I switched to Idmobile, it doesnt appear as an option on network preferences 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@allisaidwas,

Can you please confirm your postcode and the make and model of the handset you are using?

Kash

Userlevel 1

My post code TW18 but I don't get 5G where I work in Hounslow London TW6 

My handset is Nokia G50, model TA-1361

Why iD Mobile?