Question

No 5G on Realme GT2 pro

• 5 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

This has been asked before, but the thread stopped months ago. I bought a new phone with 5G. A Realme GT2 pro. It’s a phone that’s been around for a while. No option for 5G on ID mobile as far as I can see. other networks seem to support this phone including giffgaff etc. Why are ID mobile so far behind.?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @barber5spam,

Not all devices are tested and supported for 5G.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/5g

What if I don’t have a 5G enabled phone?

Unfortunately, 5G requires a 5G enabled phone for you access it. But don’t worry! We’re working with our network provider to ensure our 4G services are providing the best coverage possible. And don’t forget we already offer Wi-Fi Calling, letting you make calls from your phone over Wi-Fi if you don’t have great reception indoors.

You can find the list of approved handset here: 

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Maybe try SMARTY or Giffgaff instead in case i have more joy there.

Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @barber5spam 

Other networks will support other devices, it’s possible and likely that they would support devices we don’t, and visa versa.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @barber5spam 

Other networks will support other devices, it’s possible and likely that they would support devices we don’t, and visa versa.

Tom

no you need to sort something in the automatic discovery of the networks for some phones like realme ,oppo , vivo , because the software is very similar , like i said even on the realme i could get the 5g working but only with forcing it with third party apps to connect on 5g network because ID automatically couldnt tell the phone 5g is available  
now i bought ZTE nubia z50 and it catches 5g fine which is nowhere to be seen on your site of supported devices ...

Userlevel 1

This has been asked before, but the thread stopped months ago. I bought a new phone with 5G. A Realme GT2 pro. It’s a phone that’s been around for a while. No option for 5G on ID mobile as far as I can see. other networks seem to support this phone including giffgaff etc. Why are ID mobile so far behind.?

you have probably seen my thread
only way to get the 5g is going to the engineering menu (many apps can access it) and select NR which is 5g but after restart it will switch back to 4g so you have to keep doing it after every restart
i tried few other operators and all were automatically detecting the 5g (havent tried three sim though) maybe the fault is on three

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mite Janev 

Hi @barber5spam 

Tom

no you need to sort something in the automatic discovery of the networks for some phones like realme ,oppo , vivo , because the software is very similar , like i said even on the realme i could get the 5g working but only with forcing it with third party apps to connect on 5g network because ID automatically couldnt tell the phone 5g is available  
now i bought ZTE nubia z50 and it catches 5g fine which is nowhere to be seen on your site of supported devices ...

Not all devices are approved but some non-approved devices work fine also.

It’s just not stable so an update could stop it working.

We don’t test all devices available on the market as there’s just too many so we mainly focus on handsets for contracts which we sell.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?