No APN settings for Iphone12

Have had a contract with IDmobile for a year and no problems in UK, however am now in France for a year now and thought with roaming wouldnt be a problem. 

Having spoken to chatlive every day for a week with no solution and having the same converstion every day I was having a minor panic as no mobile data for  week , and no help from IDMobile accept they will refer it to the tech team.

I knew my problem was the APN settings but had no access to the APN setting on my IPHONE as for some reason with IDmobile you dont have this option, this is a problem for many people and IDMobile are fully aware of the issue but will not acknowledge that this is a problem they need to resolve.

I decided to put my sim card in another iphone and it worked perfectly so I knew the issue was the phone.

I tried the     www. unlockit.co.nz      despite comments saying the server no longer existed, but this was the last option. OMG it worked!!!  The relief. I know this issue with roaming is a major issue for many with IDMobile  so I think it is about time that IDMobile accepted that this is their issue, and not the phone or Apple or anyone else.

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Glad the “https://www.unlockit.co.nz” hack worked for you, @Tracy Stephenson

Others iPhone owners have posted this hack didn’t work in their situations. 

Usually, iD Mobile customers who’re roaming with their iPhones pickup the correct APN settings, from the roaming partner network, though not always.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Tracy Stephenson,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?