Solved

no internet connection

• 30 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Just arrived from n Italy from the UK. 
roaming toggled on and Ihave an add on of data but receive the message ‘no internet  subscription ‘ . Can you help me connect please. 
I’m in an airport just now so there should be a good connection 

icon

Best answer by Tom 2 May 2023, 17:15

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kenny Mackinnon 

You wouldn’t be able to use add ons while roaming, this may be the cause of the error, do you have any data left as a part of your regular monthly plan?

Tom

Userlevel 1

That is probably it Tom. I wasn’t aware I couldn’t use my add-on to roam. My regular monthly data has kicked in now so I should be ok. I’ll test it once I’m back in an area of good connection. Many thanks, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That’s perfect, glad to hear that.

If you have any further issues just let us know.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohamed,

I don’t know yet if the problem has been solved. A strong 4G symbol appears but I can’t connect. Should I be able to connect if there is a 4G symbol?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Mohamed,

I don’t know yet if the problem has been solved. A strong 4G symbol appears but I can’t connect. Should I be able to connect if there is a 4G symbol?

Only if you’ve enabled mobile data roaming on your handset device, and in your online iD account. 

Good luck @Kenny Mackinnon

Userlevel 1

I have done both of those and have a 4G symbol but no internet connection. 

Userlevel 1

Finally got internet tonight by downloading a new profile and changing the APN settings. 
Appreciate the help

Userlevel 1

From what I have read, I should have been able to use my add-on abroad. Can you confirm this, please?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If it was a data add-on, then you’d only have been able to use the data add-on if you exceeded the mobile data allowance of your iD plan.