Question

No Internet Connection via Mobile Data

• 15 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I’ve recently joined the iD Mobile network, however I haven’t been able to connect to the internet via my phone’s mobile data even though the package I paid for should give me unlimited 5G data? Can someone please advise how to resolve this issue? Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Ensure your phone etc has 4G enabled too, as 5G coverage often patchy.

Check id’s Network Coverage for your post code.

Thank you for your quick reply. All available options such as 5G, LTE, 3G, 2G (including 4G) appear enabled but I still have the same issue.

Is it perhaps something to do with switching over from the Vodafone network? Do I need to have my sim unlocked?

Userlevel 4
Badge

id’s SIM doesn’t need unlocking, but maybe your phone does if it was provided by another network provider. [And is locked to them].

Thank you again for your quick reply Geluk. I don’t think the issue is with the phone. I’ve had it checked at a local mobile phone shop and the store owner confirmed/checked that other networks can be used on the phone and therefore does not require unlocking. I think the issue is very poor internet connectivity via the mobile data. I have therefore decided to leave the iD mobile network. I need decent internet connectivity as I travel frequently and this network doesn’t cater for my needs. Thank you for your support with my queries:) All the best!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mnbashir,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you have had issues with your coverage. 

It’s always worth testing the SIM in another handset to eliminate SIM or handset faults.

However we can’t investigate it further as you decided to leave.

If there is anything we can help with in the future, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?