Question

no service, no signal bars - new SIM

• 21 November 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve just moved to ID mobile, got a new SIM last week.  Put it in my phone and … nothing!  I contacted ID who sent another SIM, again nothing.

It’s an iPhone 11, when I go into network services it says ‘ID’ rather than EE like it used to, but no service bars and unable to make calls, received texts etc - even on wifi.

I’ve checked the sim in another phone, nothing.  done all the turning off of phone trying to manually select network (ID isn’t listed), taken sim out and in again.  Just cannot get it to work.

It’s been a week now and I cannot get into my bank, schools unable to contact me etc.  I’ve contact ID, but nothing sorted

Can anyone help?!

16 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Check id mobile’s NETWORK COVERAGE page for your postcode

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is your iPhone 11 network locked @cath_tay
If yes, then it’ll only work with an EE SIM card - assuming your iPhone 11 was purchased from EE. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks both.  I have tried taking the mobile to work with me - no  signal bars there either.  My daughter is on 3 and has no problem here.

Re the phone being locked, I have just double checked and it says ‘No SIM restrictions’ so it’s not locked

Userlevel 1

I’m not able to make or receive calls or messages even when on wifi

Userlevel 1

Same here!

Userlevel 1

Glad it’s not just me!  So infuriating though.  I have 2 children with SEN and the school’s cannot contact me.  I’ve just had a bill through and not even been able to make a call yet!

Userlevel 1

In settings it says the network provider is IS 56.0.  But the net to ‘Network’ it says ‘not available’ - SIM not provisioned.

Userlevel 1

Glad it’s not just me!  So infuriating though.  I have 2 children with SEN and the school’s cannot contact me.  I’ve just had a bill through and not even been able to make a call yet!

I also paid my first bill without using the phone. This is ridiculous! I don't know what they are doing but this can't go on any longer.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

In settings it says the network provider is IS 56.0.  But the net to ‘Network’ it says ‘not available’ - SIM not provisioned.

What version of iOS is running on your iPhone 11 @cath_tay

Does the iD SIM work in another handset?
New connections usually get a new iD SIM card, which is already activated.
Everything you’ve posted suggests your iD SIM card is damaged or faulty, and might need to be replaced. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks Andewhite - the phone is running 17.1.1 so up to date.  I have tried activating the card, but was told it would already be activated.

Tried the SIM in another phone (also unlocked) - nothing.

This unfortunately is a replacement SIM, as the first one they sent was exactly the same

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks Andewhite - the phone is running 17.1.1 so up to date.  I have tried activating the card, but was told it would already be activated.

Tried the SIM in another phone (also unlocked) - nothing.

This unfortunately is a replacement SIM, as the first one they sent was exactly the same

That’s strange @cath_tay - replacement iD SIM cards do need to be activated before you can use them. 

You can activate from your iD online account, or at https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ja/web/cpw/sim-swap.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I activated it a few hours ago, but still nothing has happened!  it said it should activate within the hour, but if not turn the phone off and on again, still nothing 😪

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks, I activated it a few hours ago, but still nothing has happened!  it said it should activate within the hour, but if not turn the phone off and on again, still nothing 😪

I suspect SIM card activation works best when you’ve got a good strong mobile network signal, otherwise it could be problematic.

Assuming you’ve got a good signal in your current location, perhaps there’s an issue with your iD network account @cath_tay. Quickest way to get iD support looking at your network account is via one of their primary online support channels: 

• Live Chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (via a popup window in a browser).
  • Send a private message with Facebook Messenger.
  • Send a DM using X (formerly Twitter).

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I’m going out in a bit, will take the phone and try again in another place!  Will then try the online chat again later.

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @cath_tay 

Please try the SIM card in your device in a different area if possible and let us know how you get on so we can get in touch if necessary.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tonkata 

Have you tried your SIM card in another device?

Has a replacement SIM card been tried?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?