No SIM error

• 2 November 2023
  • 12 replies

Suddenly I am unable to make outgoing calls. Number called shows as dialling but no sound and no connection. In settings I get a message saying "Network or SIM card error" 

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does your SIM work in another phone @andyrogers77

If not, you may now have a faulty iD SIM card, which needs to be replaced. 

I don't have another device to try it out. Help bot didn't give a "dont know" option only Y/N

How do I get a replacement id SIM.?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

From any Currys store, or by using the online live chat service, @andyrogers77

Type “talk to a person” to avoid the 24/7 chat-bot - the customer service agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

I became a customer 3 days ago and same issue, cannot make or receive calls, only SMS. Nothing to do with the SIM card, they keep trying to f00b me off by asking for replacement SIM or restart phone. Its to do with their network, if you go to

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/member/activation?userid=115941&token=ca1c61dd62b618b0287350c7b35340ab

And click “STATUS CHECKER” not “COVERAGE CHECKER” and enter your postcode.

I have been getting the same “our engineers are fixing a fault” for 3 days now and no response.

The chat people (after getting through to a human) have no clue and will just try and get you off the chat by telling you to get a new SIM.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @andyrogers77 did you manage to get a replacement SIM, did you get it all set up?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @shaznay sorry to hear this, are you still having the same trouble?

New SIM arrived. Installed anf activated. Sadly it made no difference Status checker as mentioned earlier by entering my post code shows. " Our staff working on masts nearby to resolve problems" 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @andyrogers77,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tested coverage away from home?

Did you activate the new SIM through the app?

Kash

Not been able to test away from home yet and yes I did activate through the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @andyrogers77,

We would advise testing the service away from home.

It seems like you will have coverage issues at home whilst the team carries out the work to improve services in your area.

Kash

I tried away from home now in 3 different locations. No change  BTW. I can't receive calls either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@andyrogers77,

Do you have any example postcode for the other 3 locations?

It may be worth checking the coverage in those areas also on the network status checker.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?