Solved

Nokia 5g phones not in supported phones list

• 18 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I just bought a Nokia X10 5g capable phone to use in a 5g coverage area post code CF62 7JB.

The phone does not offer a 5g connection option in the settings. Researching ID website I see no Nokia phones at all on the supported phones list, and only a few manufacturers actually supported. It appears that ID are disabling the option to connect to 5g on my X10 phone, why is this? Very frustrating.

Do I have to cancel my ID contract and switch to a network that does support my Nokia 10 phone, or buy a new 5g phone from the ID supported phones list?

Regards

icon

Best answer by andewhite 18 August 2023, 18:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The Nokia X10 isn’t even on the iD Mobile approved handsets lists, which have been approved by iD for 4G Calling and WiFi Calling on the iD network.

Check online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets.

Anyway, once Three UK (iD Mobile network partner) have switched-off their 3G network (by end of 2024), 4G Calling will be essential.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Richard Bleay 

Unfortunately we can only officially support the devices on our supported devices list, our SIMs may work in devices not on that list, however could be feature restricts, such as 5G not being available.

You may need to use your iD Mobile SIM in another device, we’d recommend the devices on our supported devices list.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I just bought a Nokia X10 5g capable phone to use in a 5g coverage area post code CF62 7JB.

Do I have to cancel my ID contract and switch to a network that does support my Nokia 10 phone, or buy a new 5g phone from the ID supported phones list?

Regards

Looks like Nokia X10 5G handset is supported by SMARTY, and Three UK, for 5G operation on their mobile networks @Richard Bleay. 

SMARTY and iD Mobile are MVNO companies, both using Three UK mobile network infrastructure for their services.

Userlevel 1

Yes Smarty does list Nokia X10  as 5g compatible and supported, but only the X10, no other Nokia models listed. However Smarty does list many more 5g supported phones from other manufacturers than ID mobile does.

So I went out and got a Smarty SIM card to test it out and yes it works and I now have 5g. I now will cancel my ID sim contract. The morel of the story is to do research before buying a new phone to check that it is compatible with any particular network, has adequate signal strength in the main areas you intend to use it, and in my case that 5g is supported and compatible with the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Richard Bleay,

Sorry that we couldn’t offer 5G on your handset.

Hopefully it’s a handset that we will add in the future.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?