Solved

not able to receive international calls or OTP messages from America

• 17 January 2024
  • 9 replies

I have been speaking to an US company who tried calling me back and also sent me OTP which did not come through.

icon

Best answer by Kash 18 March 2024, 17:24

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps a silly question, but is this US company using the +447 format for your UK mobile number, @Merfyn Hughes?

Thanks. It turns out that my international roaming doesn’t cover the US, so I can’t receive calls or texts from the USA.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you having trouble with calls and OTP while using your iD Mobile SIM in the UK, or USA? 

With iD Mobile, text messages are free to receive from anybody, no matter whereabouts you’re located. 

If you’re roaming in the USA with your iD SIM card, then receiving calls isn’t included in your plan allowances, and hence would be charged at roaming rates.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Are you having trouble with calls and OTP while using your iD Mobile SIM in the UK, or USA? 

With iD Mobile, text messages are free to receive from anybody, no matter whereabouts you’re located. 

If you’re roaming in the USA with your iD SIM card, then receiving calls isn’t included in your plan allowances, and hence would be charged at roaming rates.

Hi @Merfyn Hughes, @andewhite is correct on this.

If you’re in the UK, you should be able to receive texts/calls from the US. The charge would be on their end. However, it is worth checking that you have international services switched on on your iD account/the app.

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

So just to confirm- IDmobile do not do a usa roaming package, understood. 

But whilst I am there, would the phone still ring if someone called me and I would get charged a huge amount?  Or would it not ring at all please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Eastander,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have a cap on your account you would be charged up to that cap amount.

The phone would ring and you’ll be charged £1.50 per minute for answering.

Kash

Thank you Kash.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Kash, that's reassuring in case of an emergency.  Presumably we would not be charged if the call were answered by voicemail?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Eastander 

No, if someone leaves you a voicemail you aren’t charged for that instance.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?