Question

Not getting OTP code from Tesco Bank

• 13 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just cleaned down my PC so am re-authenticating some apps.  Therefore, am being sent One Time Pass Codes for verification.  Most are OK but not from Tesco Bank.  I have been on to them but they claim the codes are being sent from their end.

I am in a mobile dead zone so have wi fi calling activated.  I have checked and I am receiving texts and OTP’s OK.  Just not this one.  Has ID Mobile blocked Tesco for some reason?  Any other suggestions?  Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don’t think iD Mobile would intentionally block SMS messages, to their network, from Tesco Bank @uffelbob.

All I can suggest is double-checking Tesco Bank have the correct mobile number, and try using the 447 prefix instead of 07 for your mobile number.

Otherwise, you may have to test your patience with iD customer support.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the message.  I've just been out where I had a signal and lo and behold the codes came through.  Too late of course but it seems it's the WiFi calling is the problem.  Not sure why as it had been working fine and other sites are working fine.  Not sure whether to have a go at Tesco or ID.  Don't suppose you have a contact number for ID or the best way to contact them do you?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks for the message.  I've just been out where I had a signal and lo and behold the codes came through.  Too late of course but it seems it's the WiFi calling is the problem.  Not sure why as it had been working fine and other sites are working fine.  Not sure whether to have a go at Tesco or ID.  Don't suppose you have a contact number for ID or the best way to contact them do you?

Okay @uffelbob - I’m entirely reliant on using WiFi Calling at home, and seem to receive OTP text messages from a number of organisations without issue. 

iD Mobile don’t have a telephone support helpline - their help & support is 100% online via one of the following options:

• iD online Live Chat service (via a popup window in a browser).
  • Private message using Facebook Messenger.
  • DM using X (formerly Twitter).

The customer service agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

Thanks 

Userlevel 1

live chat about as much help as a chocolate teapot.  Told me I could not receive texts as they were working on the network in my area and then sent me a text - WHICH ARRIVED - to tell me they were working on the issue.  Couldn’t understand what I was on about after that

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

live chat about as much help as a chocolate teapot.  Told me I could not receive texts as they were working on the network in my area and then sent me a text - WHICH ARRIVED - to tell me they were working on the issue.  Couldn’t understand what I was on about after that

In my experience, you get more sense from iD support by using their social media support channels @uffelbob

• By private message using Facebook Messenger.
  • By DM using X (formerly Twitter).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @uffelbob,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you managed to get some assistance from the Social Media Team?

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?