Question

number has not transferred from EE

• 22 November 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

My number transfered across on Monday my wife's has not despite us both moving from the same account on EE with the same pac code. Very concerned by the large number of posts with the same problem by people frustrated at not being able to get in touch with id mobile. With ee you could get in touch with a someone to sort any issues out. Please can you help?

11 replies

Userlevel 1

Complaint raised with ofcom. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @paulforest50, you’d need an individual PAC for each number you wanted to transfer to iD Mobile, from EE. Did EE provide a PAC for each number you wanted to keep? 

Currently, at iD Mobile you can’t have multiple numbers linked to one iD account. Each connection requires its own iD account.

In addition, at iD Mobile the help & support is 100% online. The primary support channels are:

• Live Chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (via a popup window in a browser).
  • Send a private message with Facebook Messenger.
  • Send a DM using X (formerly Twitter).

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

We now have separate accounts for each phone with ID Mobile, that is not the problem. EE gave us one PAC code which they said was for both phone numbers as EE held both numbers under the one account so you should be able to do the transfer of both numbers with the one PAC. Checking the OFCOM website it states up to 24 numbers can be transferred with a single PAC code.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

We now have separate accounts for each phone with ID Mobile, that is not the problem. EE gave us one PAC code which they said was for both phone numbers as EE held both numbers under the one account so you should be able to do the transfer of both numbers with the one PAC. Checking the OFCOM website it states up to 24 numbers can be transferred with a single PAC code.

Unfortunately @paulforest50, I don’t think this is possible using the iD online switching portal.

Sounds like your number was the first to be submitted to iD, using the PAC from EE.

Perhaps the 24 mobile numbers scenario, using a single PAC, is intended for businesses, who are also allowed mobile number portability.

Customers don’t have direct access to the iD number porting team, so your best option might be to contact iD support using one of their preferred online channels: 

• Live Chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (via a popup window in a browser).
  • Send a private message with Facebook Messenger.
  • Send a DM using X (formerly Twitter).

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

Reading your message again it sounds like you are saying ID Mobile cannot handle transferring more than one number with the same PAC code. If so this is particular to ID Mobile. Reading your guide here :-

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/switching-to-idmobile

It says nothing about having  separate PAC codes for each number. Moreover when I queried with EE having only 1 PAC code for both numbers they said that they only issue 1 PAC code as both numbers are on the same EE account and the provider I am switching to would be able to transfer both numbers with the same PAC code.

Userlevel 1

The livechat link you gave is for a chat bot that is not helpful at all. So Twitter to resolve this?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @paulforest50, to avoid the annoying 24/7 chat-bot, type “talk to a person” after connecting.

In addition, I’m just a forum member like yourself, so not privy to the internal processes and procedures followed by iD Mobile. Their online switching pages talk about a number - no mention of numbers. I suspect because each switching request requires a unique iD transaction number, the iD systems have not been designed to allow different transaction numbers to use the same PAC. 

Good luck @paulforest50.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, they are much appreciated.

So ID Mobile cannot handle single PAC code for more than one number. ID Mobile it would be great if you could look into this.

Spoke to someone at EE who will be able to issue us with another PAC code which I can then use to start the transfer process again.

Going to see how it goes with ID Mobile, they are a lot cheaper and £10 a month for unlimited texts, calls, 100GB data and roaming included it is a bargain price. EE Customer service is much more accessible but then our last months bill for 2 phones (sim only) was £78.

Thanks again for your replies.

Paul.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @paulforest50  welcome to iD!

It is correct what @andewhite has mentioned, each number would need an individual PAC code. iD do not currently have the ability to have more than one number per account, so they would need to be separate. Please can you ask EE for another different PAC code for your other number? 

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi Sian,

I spoke to EE who were able to do something from their end which caused the second number to transfer across. This was using the original pac code so both numbers did move across on the one pac code. 

Thanks again for your responses, they are much appreciated. 

Paul.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @paulforest50,

Glad to hear that it has been resolved.

If you require further assistance from us, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?