Question

Number isn't transferring

• 2 December 2023
  • 4 replies

My number was due to switch over a week ago on the 23/11/23 and it still hasn’t. I’m being told multiple different things by people I’ve spoken with on live chat. Firstly I was told that it wasn’t their fault and they were waiting for something from O2. Then I was told that there must be a technical issue and it would be raised with the technical team. One person I spoke with told me they’d raised a complaint on my behalf and someone would be in contact with me within the next 3 days, that was 4 days ago. Now my iD Mobile number isn’t working and neither is the number I want to switch back to. I’m actually appalled by the customer service. Has anyone else had this issue and was it fixed?

4 replies

Userlevel 1

My number was due to switch over a week ago on the 23/11/23 and it still hasn’t. I’m being told multiple different things by people I’ve spoken with on live chat. Firstly I was told that it wasn’t their fault and they were waiting for something from O2. Then I was told that there must be a technical issue and it would be raised with the technical team. One person I spoke with told me they’d raised a complaint on my behalf and someone would be in contact with me within the next 3 days, that was 4 days ago. Now my iD Mobile number isn’t working and neither is the number I want to switch back to. I’m actually appalled by the customer service. Has anyone else had this issue and was it fixed?

I've been with them for about six months and it's still not fixed. Currently on hold to the complaints team as the latest SIM they sent out still isn't working.  I am beyond fed up.  If I was you I would cancel if within the cooling off period.  They will do anything possible to keep you until it's too late and then you will be stuck.

Userlevel 1

I've been with them for about six months and it's still not fixed. Currently on hold to the complaints team as the latest SIM they sent out still isn't working.  I am beyond fed up.  If I was you I would cancel if within the cooling off period.  They will do anything possible to keep you until it's too late and then you will be stuck.

As it stands I have to pay hundreds of pounds to leave the contract even though they are not providing the service.  It's beyond belief and unfortunately in order to go to the ombudsman you first have to try and deal with ID complaints team who just do their best to get rid of you as quick as possible - genuinely if you can cancel the contract and go to a reputable provider

As it stands I have to pay hundreds of pounds to leave the contract even though they are not providing the service.  It's beyond belief and unfortunately in order to go to the ombudsman you first have to try and deal with ID complaints team who just do their best to get rid of you as quick as possible - genuinely if you can cancel the contract and go to a reputable provider

What a nightmare. Sorry to hear. It’s absolutely appalling. I’ve just called Carphone Warehouse and told them I’m cancelling. Hope you manage to get it sorted 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Shadermarine this isn’t good to hear, and certainly something we can look into for you if you like? 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Hi @George Willey sorry to hear that you have decided to leave us already. If you would like any further assistance, please let us know.

Why iD Mobile?