Question

Number not ported properly to ID

• 23 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I brought my new phone on Sunday and requested the port from Vodafone to ID to happen today (Friday). After waiting all day and still only receiving texts/calls on my old phone I contacted ID to see what had happened. I was first told on the web chat that the port had been successful at 6pm but when I questioned that I can't receive any calls or texts on my new ID SIM and now the SIM from Vodafone has been deactivated I was then told ‘there were issues’. As you can't speak to anyone the chat function could not say what those issues were and how they could be resolved. I can call from my new ID sim which is showing my original/ported number but cannot receive any calls, iMessages or texts. In settings on my iPhone the phone is showing my original number but I can't receive any calls, it just won't ring through. Likewise on iMessage and FaceTime I just get the message ‘waiting for activation’. Trust me I have tried every option under the sun of turning on and off iMessage, resetting network settings, taking the SIM in and out again, turning the phone off for periods of time and nothing has fixed it. I am now left with a phone which I can't call, receive messages and even better cant login into WhatsApp as I need the SMS code, which as you guess I can't receive. Apparently the ‘technical team’ will contact me in 48 hours but I am very doubtful after the sheer lack of support this evening. Even trying to make an account on ID it says my ported number is not recognised but the ‘customer support chat’ said that my ported number was on my account so nothing is adding up.

Has any had similar issues and what was the solution to fix this. I am at my wits end and in the situation now where I literally cannot be contacted. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @charl0tteh123,

Welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear that you have issues with your port.

We can certainly look into this if you haven’t had any updates.

Please let us know if the Technical Team haven’t updated you and we can send you a PM.

Kash

I am having the similar problem My port was requested yesterday I cant receive any calls but I can make calls, ID chat said my sim card number does not match up and it is the wrong number set up on my account. Also I cannot register my account as it has the wrong number but when I check on my phone it is assigned to my old number 

ID keep telling me a different time but so far nothing is working 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am having the similar problem My port was requested yesterday I cant receive any calls but I can make calls, ID chat said my sim card number does not match up and it is the wrong number set up on my account. Also I cannot register my account as it has the wrong number but when I check on my phone it is assigned to my old number 

Okay @Michaela Smith Short, iD Mobile say online it can take up to 10pm, on the date scheduled for your number transfer, for the switch to be completed.

To minimise risk of issues with the number transfer, probably best to leave the iD SIM card off until the transfer has been completed.

My advise would be to stay far away from this company. The ported number issue months ago has just been the start of the absolute nightmare of dealing with ID. It took days for my number to be finally ported correctly but I shortly discovered that ID literally have no phone coverage anywhere. I have been trying to get hold of them for months to sort this out, no reply to emails etc it’s been disgraceful. Furthermore the random charges on bill, data roaming charges for counties which are meant to be included have just added to the incompetence. I have now have to raise a case with the communications ombudsmen as I’m at my wits end.

if it’s not too late cancel your contract and go elsewhere. 

Okay @Michaela Smith Short, iD Mobile say online it can take up to 10pm, on the date scheduled for your number transfer, for the switch to be completed.

To minimise risk of issues with the number transfer, probably best to leave the iD SIM card off until the transfer has been completed.

Well I cant do that because I need to make calls 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Michaela Smith Short, your number should have been transferred to iD Mobile by now.

If you still have issues, best to contact iD support using one of their primary support channels:

• Live Chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (via a popup window in a browser).
  • Sending a private message by using Facebook Messenger.
  • Sending a DM on X (formerly Twitter).

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

my account it under a different phone number that does not even work at all 

when I try to register it does not recognise my number it recognises the other number and zi do not have a code for 

what is going on I feel like I am in the half way stage I can still make calls from my number and I only receive calls from people who are on ID or three

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

my account it under a different phone number that does not even work at all 

when I try to register it does not recognise my number it recognises the other number and zi do not have a code for 

what is going on I feel like I am in the half way stage I can still make calls from my number and I only receive calls from people who are on ID or three

Look like there’s a problem @Michaela Smith Short.
I recommend contacting iD for assistance by using one of their PRIMARY support channels:

• Live Chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (via a popup window in a browser).
  • Sending a private message by using Facebook Messenger.
  • Sending a DM on X (formerly Twitter).

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends). 
The iD staff only check these forum posts once a day, sometimes less frequently. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michaela Smith Short,

Welcome to the Community!

I’m just checking if you managed to get some help with this?

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?